Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 859 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Purchased my 2012 Ti in March '12. Current have 17,800 miles and still love the car. I would buy the car again. I was raking leaves a few days ago and a woman walking her dog stopped and told me she loved how the car looks. She was surprised it was a 2012. Thoight it was a '14.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yeah I commute for work everyday. This is also my everything vehicle so its driven on weekends if I go out of town or around town. Im trying to pay it off early by paying about 50 more every month but that doesnt get me far. 6 year loan is just too long
6 years is a long time.

Have you thought about seeing what you could do in regards to trading it in on a lower trim level or on something you could get with a shorter loan? You said you had a titanium didn't you? Maybe if you get rid of some of those creature comforts you could get it into a price range that fits your budget a little better.

6 year loans are pricey; they usually have higher interest, not to mention the fact that you said you'll be still making payments on the car WELL after the warranty has expired. A brand new focus SE can be had for a little more than half the price of a Ti trim level.

Just my $0.02. It's not really any of my business but I figured I'd throw it out there! You don't want to find yourself in a position 4-5 years down the road where the car is starting to need serious repairs, it's well out of warranty, and you end up selling it just to pay off the loan and end up with nothing. Versus being in the same situation after a 4 or 5 year loan and having it paid off to trade in!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
32k since may 2012

How are you getting 39 mpg?
It helps that I often drive in largely uninhabited areas of the desert southwest with little traffic and can cruise for many miles without traffic lights. I actually live in an urban area (SLC area) and when driving in city traffic the mileage actually sucks, but since I do a bunch of driving in the quieter areas outside the cities and frequently on back roads with speed limits of 45mph-65mph my average speed isn't so high.

A year ago I put about 1300 miles on the car in Yellowstone NP and averaged closer to 45mpg owing to the 45mph speed limit throughout the park.

If my driving included a higher percentage of city driving, particularly stop-and-go city driving my average mileage would be a lot less...

Brian

·
Registered
80 Posts
Got my 2012 SE on Oct 24th this year with 28750, now 29,100ish, I obviously don't drive that much. lol.

I did have to take it in for the tsb dome light, other than that it's been great, just hope it stays that way and I don't know if it's just me, but since I've had it, it seems like it's been running a little better, like smoother idle, more pep & power and shifting very good.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Hit 70k yesterday... so there's that.

...I think I just realized how crazy high of number that is for a car that's 2.5 years old.

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Currently about to hit 26,000 km, and it was purchased September 2011.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Purchased sept 2011, 55 000 km on it. That's about 25 000 km per year.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
...aaaaaand 75k. Time to update my signature. [burnout]

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I've rattled my way up to 16,500 lol

·
Registered
259 Posts
august 2013, 11,000 miles