Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 859 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
24,000 miles, purchased June 2012. I had the recall regarding the active grill wiring harness done at the dealer and have never been back. Everything works including the famed DCT.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Funny how a simple question "how many miles on your mk3" turns into DCT transmission thread.... I've own my 2013 since 7/5/13 and driven 8000 miles

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Funny how a simple question "how many miles on your mk3" turns into DCT transmission thread...
It may be far more interesting and informative.

I fail to see how the numbers on an odometer have any real meaning in this forum (unless the mileage is exceptionally high).

That being said, my neighbor's 2011 Camry has 37,842 miles on it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Funny how a simple question "how many miles on your mk3" turns into DCT transmission thread.... I've own my 2013 since 7/5/13 and driven 8000 miles
i'm actually glad it has because mine has just started to make some noise at 21k miles where it seems many others have also.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It would be interesting if someone with higher miles would take the time to open up their intake and show us what their valves look like. I would like to know how, or if these engines build carbon like some other direct injection engines do.

·
Registered
420 Posts
It would be interesting if someone with higher miles would take the time to open up their intake and show us what their valves look like. I would like to know how or if these engines build carbon like some other direct injection engines do.
+1, or anybody with access to an inspection camera.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Bought mine 12/20/12 and have acquired 30,000 miles.

Dct hasn't been terrible but hasn't been great either. developed shudder at 20,000 so I got software updated which stopped all issues for about 300 miles, then got quirky and started grinding again but shudder hasn't returned yet.

My paint on front valance is horribly chipped and ive always got a good coat of wax on the car.

Im also hoping it will last 300,000+ miles for It will have close to 200,000 by the time its paid off.
I love the mpgs, the size, and comfort of the car as well as the peppiness of the 2.0.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Bought mine 12/20/12 and have acquired 30,000 miles.

Dct hasn't been terrible but hasn't been great either. developed shudder at 20,000 so I got software updated which stopped all issues for about 300 miles, then got quirky and started grinding again but shudder hasn't returned yet.

My paint on front valance is horribly chipped and ive always got a good coat of wax on the car.

Im also hoping it will last 300,000+ miles for It will have close to 200,000 by the time its paid off.
I love the mpgs, the size, and comfort of the car as well as the peppiness of the 2.0.
Really? 200k before it's paid off? Do you drive for work? I do and put on a lot of miles. Up to 61k now and will be paid off before I hit 100k. I wouldn't feel comfortable making payments on a dct mk3 past 100k miles myself. I'm almost expecting to have to put money into repairs once my payments end and hope to get 200k miles total.

·
Registered
984 Posts
2013 had it for 13+months. Just under 30,000km. No major issues. No issues at all really. Shitty stealership but that's not the car. In two weeks we're going on a 6000km road trip.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Really? 200k before it's paid off? Do you drive for work? I do and put on a lot of miles. Up to 61k now and will be paid off before I hit 100k. I wouldn't feel comfortable making payments on a dct mk3 past 100k miles myself. I'm almost expecting to have to put money into repairs once my payments end and hope to get 200k miles total.
Yeah I commute for work everyday. This is also my everything vehicle so its driven on weekends if I go out of town or around town. Im trying to pay it off early by paying about 50 more every month but that doesnt get me far. 6 year loan is just too long

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Picked up my 2012 Titanium Hatch on 5/25/12 and have about 27,200 miles on it as of today. I'm averaging about 38.5mpg over that time and have had zero DCT issues but the occasional MFT quirk. I've been very pleased with my Focus and if I were in the market today I'd likely still buy the same car. I will say the the new Mazda 6 and the Ford Fusion are both sweet looking cars as well...

Brian

·
Registered
29 Posts
32k since may 2012

Picked up my 2012 Titanium Hatch on 5/25/12 and have about 27,200 miles on it as of today. I'm averaging about 38.5mpg over that time and have had zero DCT issues but the occasional MFT quirk. I've been very pleased with my Focus and if I were in the market today I'd likely still buy the same car. I will say the the new Mazda 6 and the Ford Fusion are both sweet looking cars as well...

Brian
How are you getting 39 mpg?

41 - 60 of 859 Posts