Focus Fanatics Forum banner

301 - 320 of 859 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #306
It's been almost two years since I started this thread and I'm now up to 133,000 miles and the focus is still going strong. I initially said I was hoping to run mine to 200,000 but I'm not sure if that's going to happen or not. We have our first little one on the way and I'm considering a bigger car but I still love driving this car as it still drives like new minus the occasional take off shudder. So if I get what I want out of it I'll sell it. If not, I'll drive it another year. So far I've been offered $7000 for trade in on a fusion priced $3000 below invoice and $8800 on trade in for a Subaru priced at invoice. Considering the tax savings from a trade and not having to deal with a private party sale, I'm not selling this car for under $11,000.

·
Registered
580 Posts
bought new on April 2nd, 2013.

today.
40k.jpg

then on the way home from work it told me i needed an oil change. that's the first time i've ever seen that, and i'm at about 4800 since the last change.

·
Registered
580 Posts
funny aaron.b i sold my 2001 ZX3 because my two boys were big enough to be forward facing in carseats in the back, and crawling back there to buckle them was getting old. :) you might be okay for a while.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
Yeah maybe I will be ok! I have no idea what to expect! Maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to get a new ride;) maybe I should just keep going and see how many miles I can get on this car!

·
Registered
141 Posts

bought mine from my grandma who can't drive anymore due to a fall down the stairs, i have had my whole clutch assembly replaced... FOR FREE! i have learned that all focus models i believe from 2011 and up have been made with standard transmissions, but it is electronically shifted, so i told my dealer my 1st gear would slip (which it was) and they had my whole clutch assembly fixed up with new clutch pads! TOTALLY FREE[thumb]

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
bought mine from my grandma who can't drive anymore due to a fall down the stairs, i have had my whole clutch assembly replaced... FOR FREE! i have learned that all focus models i believe from 2011 and up have been made with standard transmissions, but it is electronically shifted, so i told my dealer my 1st gear would slip (which it was) and they had my whole clutch assembly fixed up with new clutch pads! TOTALLY FREE[thumb]
The transmission is a DCT which in all sense and purposes is still and auto tranny but is much closer to a manual than your traditional slush box.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Bought my 2014 3 months ago with 21,000. Fixing to break 23,000. Tune pretty much fixed trans but fixing to get TCM reflashed and then retune.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Still slowly accumulating miles as I'm up to 25,800 so by it's 4th year on the road in May I should still be under 30k. Still haven't hit 20k in my STI.

301 - 320 of 859 Posts