Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've come to the conclusion I'm going to have to replace my clutch soon. I can feel it slip a tad when starting out in first and I dont get that solid feel when shifting from 1-2 & 2-3. I can usually get a second gear chirp out of my tires but not any more. So I've got 210,000kms on my vehicle, I've owned it since new and I know I'm lucky to get this far. My question is how many miles have you got on your Mk1/1.5 Focus' clutch?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have 135k MILES on my ST stock clutch. Under normal driving its fine but when i am really getting on it and power shifting it can flare a little and the rpms float for a second until it grabs. I also have some fluid coming from my bellhousing, almost definitely my slave cylinder. But i have never had low brake fluid from it.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
I've come to the conclusion I'm going to have to replace my clutch soon. I can feel it slip a tad when starting out in first and I dont get that solid feel when shifting from 1-2 & 2-3. I can usually get a second gear chirp out of my tires but not any more. So I've got 210,000kms on my vehicle, I've owned it since new and I know I'm lucky to get this far. My question is how many miles have you got on your Mk1/1.5 Focus' clutch?
So what clutch kit are you going w/?

·
Registered
414 Posts
161,000 Miles on mine. All the service history I was able to dig up did not show a clutch replacement so I have to assume it is original.

·
Registered
359 Posts
110,000 on mine. If you drive it like a normal person, it should last for many more miles

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
110,000 on mine. If you drive it like a normal person, it should last for many more miles
This^^^^^ Yea it should last a long time,,,,,

·
Registered
93 Posts
9 miles on my exedy stage1

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
39,409. Probably going to upgrade to a stg1 or 2 and lightweight flywheel sooner or later.
The Exedy oem replacement will handle fwerks turbo kit on a 23.

·
Registered
203 Posts
165,000 miles on mine including many,many deliveries for several years at work,several autox's and winning an scca 2013 rallycross championship..car was a prior rental too...yeah...I know...a stick shift rental?

But the dealer disclosed that in the middle of the paperwork..nice...glad I bought it still!
Car only had 21,000 on it when bought and no records of a clutch replacement.

Clutch still works great..even though I kinda drive the car like a teenager.
Ill replace it when the new(to me)engine goes in as it would be silly not too.
With Exedy stage 1 or 2 most likely..engine is currently blown.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My brother has 135k on his. My father had 130k on his before replacing it. Some chick he bought it from didn't know how to drive a stick shift car... Hence why it had to be replaced

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
192k miles on stock clutch (Duratec dual-mass). No longer chirps tires on 1-2 shift. Clutch is getting a little weak.
So what are you going to replace it w/?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
I have an Exedy OEM ready for install. Just need the time to do it.
Great, let us know what you think. Say did you get a throw bearing?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the original in mine at 210k miles. Bought from the original owner who worked for ford.

·
Registered
93 Posts
192k miles on stock clutch (Duratec dual-mass). No longer chirps tires on 1-2 shift. Clutch is getting a little weak.
Can chirp the tires on 2-3 shift with my exedy stage 1 clutch ..having a blast drivin this zx3 2.3

1 - 20 of 41 Posts