Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
91,000. Slave cylinder went out at 80k miles so I had them replace the clutch/flywheel while they had the trans dropped. Figured it should be good to go for a while so I just ordered a fswerks stealth exhaust.

·
Registered
188 Posts
70k on my 12 when I sold it, I don't think it was ever right and shuddered on engagement. I bought it with 58k and it was that way the whole year I owned it. 35k on my 15 and it is smooth as butter, that's why if you buy a used car, avoid anything that has been nodded. My 12 had different wheels and tires, and had been in a fender bender that was very poorly repaired (still clean title, probably never reported to insurance).

Does everyone here agree that this transmission has a rather high engagement point? I've driven the ST and it grabs right off the floor.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have around 86k on mine and I'm getting some slippage sometimes. I do live on a steep hill and so it takes a beating every day, but I'm just going to wait until it's noticeable all the time before replacing... That's a costly service!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Does everyone here agree that this transmission has a rather high engagement point? I've driven the ST and it grabs right off the floor.
My 13 SE is indeed a very high engagement point. Roughly about as high as my old 95 Civic EX, not quite has high as my dad's 84 CRX. I've not driven the ST, so I can't speak to that.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts