Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just turned over 2906 miles. I picked up my car on 5/14, so I have had it 134 days. On average that's 21.7 miles a day, 671 miles a month and on track for 8052 a year. I only drive 12 miles round trip to work and most weekdays don't add too many more than that. This is the first winter I will have my Focus and I drive to my place in Sun City, AZ and back which will add about 3700 miles with the driving I do down there, so I should be around 11800 or so after one year.
I was wondering what others have clocked so far.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Picked mine up on August 20 - logged 2200 miles so far...hopefully I don't keep up this pace! I am getting 30 mpg overall which is a combo of city driving and a couple of longer trips. On one trip I got 39 mpg.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'll be hitting 26 days and 3000 miles tomorrow. I am averaging over 39 mpg.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Had the car for about 6 weeks now and am up to 3800 miles. Fuel economy is good with last three fill-ups computed at 35/35/36 MPG respectively. Marvel Mystery Oil seems to help a bit with increased fuel economy.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Had the car for about 6 weeks now and am up to 3800 miles. Fuel economy is good with last three fill-ups computed at 35/35/36 MPG respectively. Marvel Mystery Oil seems to help a bit with increased fuel economy.
You started using MMO right away? I usually wait before using it either in the oil or fuel. I used it in my '07 Focus ZX5 with great success but after 10k miles. I use it currently in my '85 F-150 (230k miles and engine has never been rebuilt and pulls a steady 20 inches at idle). I love the stuff!

Are you using it in the oil, fuel, or both?

·
Registered
64 Posts
You started using MMO right away? I usually wait before using it either in the oil or fuel. I used it in my '07 Focus ZX5 with great success but after 10k miles. I use it currently in my '85 F-150 (230k miles and engine has never been rebuilt and pulls a steady 20 inches at idle). I love the stuff!

Are you using it in the oil, fuel, or both?
Just in the fuel. Currently I'm running with Motorcraft oil & filter and will be switching to Amsoil 0W-20 oil + EAo filter in a couple of months before winter sets in.

Also, I only started adding in MMO after about 3,000 miles on the odometer in order to let the engine get broken in. The owner's manual also mentions not adding anything to the fuel during the break-in period.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I picked up my car Sept 9th and I have 1112 miles on it! I can't help it.. It ios so much fun to drive! Besides I had to show it off!! I am averaging about 34mpg

·
Registered
64 Posts
I picked up my car Sept 9th and I have 1112 miles on it! I can't help it.. It ios so much fun to drive! Besides I had to show it off!! I am averaging about 34mpg
I agree on the "fun to drive" part. It may sound corny to some, but the Focus (both new and older models) is a fun-to-drive car. The 2012 model takes it to a new level.

·
Registered
362 Posts
We are between 900-1k bought on 8/18.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yeah, it is so much fun to drive, when on the highways or during the day, I drive rather conservatively. But on back-roads at night, I cannot help but cut her loose, well as loose as I dare to drive.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yeah, it is so much fun to drive, when on the highways or during the day, I drive rather conservatively. But on back-roads at night, I cannot help but cut her loose, well as loose as I dare to drive.
I'm at about 1500 miles(already had 310 miles on it on pick-up), purchased end of July - AVG 26mpg mostly city driving.

·
Registered
492 Posts
had mine 3 days...177 miles (285 K).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Took delivery on 8/22. So far 2,500 miles, I love to drive. MPG has ranged from 29.1-34.2

·
Registered
683 Posts
She just turned 1,000 miles two days ago ... took delivery on 9/6.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Bought it on 7/20/2011
Have about 6,600 miles already.

About 34-36mpg average, though I am at 38.5 right now. [:)]

·
Registered
366 Posts
Just had two month aniversary, with almost 2000 miles driven.

No worries.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Had it for exactly 3 months, at 5600 km now (~3500 mi).

fuel mileage is right around 34 mpg US... I was expecting better to be honest, maybe it will get better after I change the oil, I hope. Doing the exact same drive routine, I could get 38 mpg from my old Vibe.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just shy of 8,000 KM (4,971 miles), car will be 3-months old on Wednesday. Actually, my car goes in tomorrow for the first service visit and the MFT team from Ford want my car for the day, you know to check out all the gremlins that so many of us have been experiencing.....this should be interesting to say the least.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts