Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been seeing a lot of threads lately on totaled SVTs, and mines had close calls TWICE this year. Since there were only a couple thousand to begin with, how many are around now? Is there any way to tell exactly?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ford made 14000plus focus svt's all the one's that were in accidents or crushed or whatever should chime in maybe get a rough estimate of how many are left ..gotta keep these great little cars on the road[woot] [woot]

·
Registered
714 Posts
Just an off the top guess
10-12k

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
That would be nice to know but don't know how we're ever going to find out. Maybe the question of "Does someone in your household own an SVT fOCUS" can be put on the next census [hihi]

·
Registered
308 Posts
Thats exactly what happened to mine... although I ended up getting a ZX3, couldnt find a SVT in my price range after the wreck.

·
70 100 70 70 : (
1,977 Posts
it wouldnt be easy to tell how many left, the forums dont even have all the svt owners as members, plus there are svts in south america too, ive read a lot of totalled svts too but the only one i know is from a local guy, he totalled a 2003 black svt

·
Registered
758 Posts
Yeah, it'd be so hard to get even an accurate number.....

FocusDarko did you buy your SVT back? I've always said if it ever happened, i'd buy mine back in a heartbeat...to at very least part out....

·
70 100 70 70 : (
1,977 Posts
nearly impossible, a lot of people in southamerica dont speak english, so they will never come here, a lot of people dont like moding cars, or they just liked the car, a lot of people who has a svt has never looked for a forum

I met a guy the other day with a svt and he was like a BIATCh with me because i told him i also had a svtf, if he ever see this forum exists, he is going to commit suicide.

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
Lol there is a guy around me with a blue svt i tried to talk to him one day i was like " I have a comp orange svtf, there pretty cool cars aren't they " he replied back with "yeah" and looked the other way...

·
Registered
347 Posts
im one of 2 blue 02 SVTF'S on my street alone, and i know of about 8 others in my area, so there is 10 SVTF'S accounted for.

·
Registered
289 Posts
One down right here my first one.

Before:

After:

Andrew
sorry for the loss of your firstborn... that blackout scheme is pure sex.

on the increasing-rarity note... as i was casually looking at speed3's the other day (just in case, just in case) my local mazda salesman kept emphasizing how rare the speed3's are, only 12,000 built per year for the world... haha. on a 3-year run, same as the svt's. this was his argument for not budging on the $2,500 markup, despite giving me crap for trade-in estimate.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
wow this is so bad......... but when I find a donor SVTf, I'll adopt her number to my sedan since basically everything will be from it, minus the obvious stuff [:D] but really, I'm concerned about the SVTf population....it seems less and less, like the other day there was a bad accident on the news which included an SVTf......

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
You know I noticed something after i bought mine...i NEVER EVER saw them around in any of the cities that I drive around in and when I did i was like AHH I want one!!! but then I get mine and it seems like I see another one about three times a week whats with that?? it makes ppl look at them like they are some regular focus instead of a rare car by todays standards. I hope they never go extinct. Long live the SVTF!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts