I am going to do my;

-gauges (including the odometer)
-HVAC,
-Headlight controls
-Window switches
-Dome light
-Map lights
-Rear hatch light

So how many bulbs am i buying, and what are the numbers? I found threads with bulb numbers, but i can't find the interior bulb numbers, only the main exterior ones. I'm planning on just buying the LED plug in bulbs, because i'm a little bit "electrically challenged", so i figure pulling out/putting in bulbs would be my best route. I don't mind paying the extra 15 bucks for all the lights. [:p] So if someone could help me, that would be awesome, thanks! [thumb]

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
many of the lights you want to switch out are only able to be swapped out my soldering in new leds. (window switches, HVAC, headlight controls) this will require completely taking the parts apart, de-soldering the existing leds and soldering in new ones. if you are "electronically challenged" i believe this is something you shouldnt try without practice on something else.

you need to look for powertop or flat-top leds to do these swaps properly.

the gauge NEEDLE bulbs are 194's along with the map lights. the dome light is 6411 festoon bulb. the rear hatch light is also 194

if you want different color GAUGES, you will need to get a new overlay. try speedhut.com for that. many go there for a complete gauge cluster revamp

good luck[thumb]

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
I am going to do my;

-gauges (including the odometer)
-HVAC,
-Headlight controls
-Window switches
-Dome light
-Map lights
-Rear hatch light
- you can get dome, map lights and plate lights Here for bulb sizes click HERE
- headlight is like 8 3mm leds 1 5mm
- window switches are 2 3mm (drivers side), 1 3mm (pass side), 1 for each lock if you do em...
- HVAC can be done multiple ways there are how to's on that, if your doing it blue the blue shines through on mine and i used 4 5mmleds in that one...

make sure you get resistors too, i use OZNIUM.COM (good for the maplight too) good source

hope that helps

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
many of the lights you want to switch out are only able to be swapped out my soldering in new leds. (window switches, HVAC, headlight controls) this will require completely taking the parts apart, de-soldering the existing leds and soldering in new ones. if you are "electronically challenged" i believe this is something you shouldnt try without practice on something else.

you need to look for powertop or flat-top leds to do these swaps properly.

the gauge NEEDLE bulbs are 194's along with the map lights. the dome light is 6411 festoon bulb. the rear hatch light is also 194

if you want different color GAUGES, you will need to get a new overlay. try speedhut.com for that. many go there for a complete gauge cluster revamp

good luck[thumb]
Thanks for the bulb numbers. Yeah, i was hoping there was a direct swap out for the window switches, HVAC, headlight controls, but from the link above, looks like the only way is to solder.

As for the gauges, i just mean i want the light behind the gauges to glow blue. So i'll swap the bulbs and sand the back of the gauge face. I believe i saw somewhere that they are #74 and they are plug and play style. How man of those would i need (including odometer light)?

So far the count is;
(6) 194 bulbs (3 for needles, 2 for maps, 1 for hatch)
(1) 6411 bulb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts