• No

Votes: 31 54.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do, I just went through the car wash and then went on the freeway. Water is just flying off except for the back, I look in my rear view and water is just chilling enjoying their vacation. I live the focus but if I could change one thing it would be the spoiler for sure

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
The rear of the focus is creating a vacuum back there, which is causing that.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I have had both. First my 2012 SE hatch, then my 2014 ST3(hatch)
I had no problem with the spoiler on the 2012 SE. True it did help the car gather more than the average dirt when it was raining..
My ST is better. Way less dirt accumulates in the rain. But I can't say I 'hated' the SE spoiler. It was fine IMO.

Where it IS true the ST spoiler is better at not grabbing as much dirt.. I would not have spent $$$ to BUY a ST spoiler, paint it to fit just to say I have less dirt.

So I voted no I do not hate the regular spoiler...[thumb]

·
Registered
67 Posts
Had a '14 SE Hatchback and now a 2015 SE Hatchback. The only thing I don't like about the SE spoiler is the car wash misses the section right under it so it stays dirty. I have to wash it by hand and get the soap out of there. Not a problem in the summer but it the winter it's kind of a pain but it's no big deal.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I have the Zetec/Ford spoiler and wondering if anyone has any advice on how to install it with little or no gaps? Not sure if I did something wrong or if it is because my Focus is a 2012? I thought I saw posts on the forum in the past from other 2012 owners where their factory spoilers had a bad fit also. Here is what I am talking about:

A picture of my Focus back in 2012 about a month after I got it. You can see on the left side indicated by the arrow that the spoiler is ..."sunk down?" . Incidently on my Zetec spoiler, that is the side where the fit has a bigger gap.

My Zetec spoiler after install. From a distance the gap is not as noticeable, but up close looks bad IMO. Don't think I did anything wrong on the install, going to try to re-install when the weather gets warmer. Anyone else have this problem installing the Zetec, or maybe have some advice how to minimize the gap?

·
Registered
197 Posts
My Zetec spoiler does not have the best fit but to be honest, its not far off from the fit of the stock one. I ended up with a bit bigger gap on the top than I would like but the sides are fine.

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
The rear of the focus is creating a vacuum back there, which is causing that.
Works great in the draft too lol. You can suck up to the rear of a Focus faster than other cars. [thumb]

As for the ST spoiler I think it's just as dirty and harder to clean. Plus the water thing. The angle of the hatch makes it tough to get it dry. I usually have to stuff a towel all up in there and leave it sit for awhile just to soak up what continually drips. That's even after lifting the hatch and wiping it down.

[cheers]

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I put an ST spoiler on mine and its just a filthy as ever, if there is a difference it's small one. It looks way better then the stock but it doesn't help with dirt.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
It helps with the two small sectional openings and that's about it. Even that is only buying a short amount of extra time lol. I like the tip about stuffing a micro fiber towel up in the spoiler to catch the dribbling that occurs on the rear glass long after the drying.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I have added the Zetec wing and have not noticed the back window being any cleaner.
... but it does look a lot better, IMO. [thumb] (The painted rockers and rear valance also look better than stock.)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, like I've said, I'm no fan of the stock spoiler and would rather have an St spoiler but I'm just to lazy to buy one, get it painted, and install it to do anything about it. I'll probably just hate it every time I get a wash

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hate is a little strong, but I like the ST unit, and while I don't dislike stock, I just don't care. And honestly, not caring is much harsher than hate anyway.

But I'm too cheap and lazy to change out either the spoiler or get a front lip, so stock it stays...

One day I will change both, though.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts