Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I know of the passenger side one and the one under the battery, but what about the third?
Lower rear mount aka dogbone. Get a poly one & be done. cfm & steeda has them. I recommend the poly one.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I'm confused about this. Is this just one mount or two?
One on each side & then one at the bottom= 3 the passenger side is called psm & the trans mount is called the dsm (drivers side mount) & then there is on at the bottom to keep the motor from rocking back & forth. The one that goes out most of the time is the psm one. A great upgrade that lot of people do is to replace the rubber lower dogbone one w/ a poly one, which is stiffer & keeps the motor from rocking back & forth. If your replacing the psm= use a ford/motorcraft only. Lots of crappy mounts out there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One on each side & then one at the bottom= 3 the passenger side is called psm & the trans mount is called the dsm (drivers side mount) & then there is on at the bottom to keep the motor from rocking back & forth. The one that goes out most of the time is the psm one. A great upgrade that lot of people do is to replace the rubber lower dogbone one w/ a poly one, which is stiffer & keeps the motor from rocking back & forth. If your replacing the psm= use a ford/motorcraft only. Lots of crappy mounts out there.
Yeah I wont get anything but quality parts. You didn't really answer my question though(haha), is this the dsm and dogbone? It's confusing me right now.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Your first link lead to the "dogbone", also known as the RMM (Rear Motor Mount).

Second link just connected to the general site for me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your first link lead to the "dogbone", also known as the RMM (Rear Motor Mount).

Second link just connected to the general site for me.
That's strange they're the same url. It's not working right now for me either.
And now it is working.
This is what I'm talking about.

Is this just the dogbone? If so then I can't find the dsm on the site.

·
Registered
739 Posts
That's strange they're the same url. It's not working right now for me either.
And now it is working.
This is what I'm talking about.

Is this just the dogbone? If so then I can't find the dsm on the site.
6068 is the dogbone and 7M121 is the transmission (driver) side mount.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Like I said more then likey you need the psm, as that's the one that gives the most trouble.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts