Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to take a quick poll, currently trying to take the record of the loudest for focus ever, legal sealed on the dash? the only problem is that i'm not sure who has the loudest.. so if you guys and gals want to post up what numbers your hitting, or if you know who is the loudest, that'd be cool

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
i had 134.2 when i had my system.

pioneer DEH-9800BT
4x pioneer TS-D802P
2 12"Alpine type R's sealed box
Exile S1000.1 1000w RMS mono block
Memphis PR200.4 (50w rms x4 @4ohm)

all has been removed and sold but the front doors and HU because i decided i wanted a go-focus not a slow-focus.

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
138.2 abck in 2001 at a show in Belgium, shortly there after I turned it into a race car wiht no music.

Same system hit 143.5 in my old DB Drag car at the GASCA event in Sinshiem Germany. Good enough for 13th on a national event.

Opps:

2X Infinity Beta 12
Infinity Kappa 300.2
Kenwood PS 200
Infinity CS1

Still have everything but the Beta 12's, DB's are hard on subs. Think I burned up about 6 sets before Infinity said no more. Somewhere I have photos of Sinshiem and the DB board.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i wanted a go-focus not a slow-focus.
ahh, well mine is most definitely a slow-focus but on the other hand i am hitting 151's

two 12" DC lvl 4xl's
one adassa warlord 5k
two xs power batts
4 runs of zero gauge and counting
rf 100.2 for my front stage lol
pioneer hu

·
Da fofo love remains
1,538 Posts
Hit a 167.xx in 2007 with no back seats 2 kicker amps and (4) Solobaric L7 15's. Box concaved to center to fit in the itybity car but it drummed. Busted seal on windshield twice. But that was during the Daytona 3x db drag contest in March 2007. Have sense sold setup. Now have a 10" Memphis M3 that hits like a 136.xx I believe.

Had to upgrade alternator, both amps ran on o/1 gauge, had a back up battery, HU was a kenwood ddx6019

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hit a 167.xx in 2007 with no back seats 2 kicker amps and (4) Solobaric L7 15's. Box concaved to center to fit in the itybity car but it drummed. Busted seal on windshield twice. But that was during the Daytona 3x db drag contest in March 2007.
where was the meter? with only one backup battery its impossible to hit 60's legal sealed on the dash...

·
Da fofo love remains
1,538 Posts
Legal, not out-law. Metered at the dash. Had the batcap 3000 which if ya read the specs on batcap they actually double as a form of a capacitor. At the time and like I said I rebuilt the alternator to to handle the draw. And yes it is possible to hit that. Scott Harris was the mastermind behind the build of my db drag days. He was the designer/leader of the Thunderforce team some years back. After he left them he opened a shop in the college town I was living in and hired me and the two of us built the car. He designed the box and well everything. That was my learning experience from an MECP Master Installer. Dude could do anything you wanted. I payed for the parts and supplies out of my pocket and he offered his time. I exchange I brought him clientel and he taught me what he knew through the time frame I was employed by him. Shop name was Sight Unseen.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Legal, not out-law. Metered at the dash. Had the batcap 3000 which if ya read the specs on batcap they actually double as a form of a capacitor. At the time and like I said I rebuilt the alternator to to handle the draw. And yes it is possible to hit that. Scott Harris was the mastermind behind the build of my db drag days. He was the designer/leader of the Thunderforce team some years back. After he left them he opened a shop in the college town I was living in and hired me and the two of us built the car. He designed the box and well everything. That was my learning experience from an MECP Master Installer. Dude could do anything you wanted. I payed for the parts and supplies out of my pocket and he offered his time. I exchange I brought him clientel and he taught me what he knew through the time frame I was employed by him. Shop name was Sight Unseen.

its really not though, even with two of kickers biggest amp, the warhorses you wouldn't be able to hit those kinds of numbers.. and if somebody did have two of those one battery wouldn't supply enough voltage to run them.. especially not enough to put out a 167. just a few names and numbers here... jeremy smithers team DC 4 DC 9k's putting out 11k each at 16 volts.. on 4 DC lvl5 15's 28 xa 16v batts TNE record holder.. hitting 163s on the dash youre saying you hit 167's with half the voltage and ONE battery? its impossible. if you want me to lay out the amperage draw for you i will... there wasn't enough electrical. simple as that

·
Da fofo love remains
1,538 Posts
Record holder in 2007 was pioneer with there big freaking truck ushering in there 180 DB club.
If someone was a record holder with 163. It had to of been a long long time ago. I saw 163 passed at meggamax with clash of titans in a rinky dink show in 2008.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i said TNE record holder. and the record isn't the point, its the equipment hes running to get those numbers i was trying to point out, either way... look at some of the setups it takes to break a 60 you weren't doing it with one batt idc what brand it was.. if you did, id lovee to see some event results and pics...

·
Da fofo love remains
1,538 Posts
And he retracts..... So your going by what you read online and not by what you witness....you need to get out some. You can do db with raw power spending alot mulla to get what you want. But that's just to compensate for your lack of knowledge in the way frequency's, wavelengths, and a db increase(wave) works. Or with good math skills and half the money you can build a setup that will do what you want and put others to shame. One big part you were probably never told is fixing your wavelength to curve at the dash(where your precious meter sits). Have you ever competed in any kind of sound comp...iasca, your TNE, NESPL, DB DRAG, USACi......even a rinky-dinky clash of the titans???!!! Even a little SQL??? I mean I can go online and in 5 minutes throw out some numbers that might make you sound like you know what you're talking about too. Here's a few.

Let's try CNN first...
http://articles.cnn.com/2003-07-02/tech/popsci.stereo.kill_1_audio-system-sound-system-drag?_s=PM:TECH

Then there's Edge Audio from this year...
http://www.termpro.com/asp/competitorstats.asp?Competitor_ID=34610&Season=2011&Method=201

Or Michael with Term-Labs.
http://sxaudio.tv/accomplishments.html

Remember that Pioneer setup..
http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/content/products/records2005a.html

Then my boss Scott Harris (x-director of Mtx thunderforce team) when he had his astro van and before better tech and you had to use battery after battery after battery. This was a few years before he built up mine and was able to use what we wanted as far as brand. Obviously being employed by MTX, you use MTX.
http://www.mitekcorp.com/Content/ViewNews.aspx?id=562

Oh and then there's Scott's wife...Keita Harris who would run circles around you with all that she knows, even when it comes to just the jargon. She ran a double alt., one back up battery before her amps. Look for Super Street 3-4 she placed 2nd
http://www.audiogroupforum.com/csforum/showthread.php?t=30393&goto=nextnewest
Here's a second page featuring the CRX and the Astro van when they worked for MTX Thunderforce, if you pay attention it also shows you how one controls idle from outside of vehicle.
http://www.termpro.com/asp/competitorstats.asp?Competitor_ID=27651&SessionID=544022043

Shall I keep going.....
You don't need battery after battery after battery when you got a beefy alternator that you can always make beefier or add a second to the first, it actually works better, costs less, saves money, saves weight, saves gas. Control your idle during drag and you up your voltage to right under 15 instead of paying the extra $$. What do you think gives a battery power that it just stores....There's more than one way to skin a fish youngen.
As far as proof for myself...I never said I won so all I got was the t-shirt at the competition in Daytona. So before you started spouting off at the mouth with your opinions and in answer to the question of this thread that originally had nothing to do with TNE. I hit a 167.xx!!! I do however have proof of my Memphis 10" hitting a 143.8...legal...on the dash. I will be more than willing to post that proof for you when I get home from work, because I did win my class in that competition. My one little 10" was getting higher scores than people with 12's and one other person running a 15.

.....Is there an emoticon of a little dude dropping his drum sticks as in an expression of "I'm done, your through". I could use one right now!
Just put a Aurasound Bass Shaker in your whip, you won't be able to tell the difference in anything to begin with...lol

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
^And to think that we used to run around with Wayne Harris and his Hearse.

Good times.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
THE Regal.

JBL baby.

·
Da fofo love remains
1,538 Posts
Twas always my favorite! Maybe not the best but my favorite!

But I digress..... [offtopic]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hm, no proof of a system that hit numbers like that, but you take pictures of a crappy Memphis? you're just blowin smoke man. all of the setups you listed were amazing, but the ones that broke 60's were designed just like the one i mentioned. FREAKING HUGE! because thats what it takes to put those numbers. your "record" never happened man, i know for a fact.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
also i do compete, strongly in TNE w2 class. thats why i know you're numbers are off. i don't know a ton of things, but i do know car audio. also i would love to post some pics of my build doing 151's on my termlab, cause as of right now that seems to be the loudest :) pics FTMFW

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
143.9 with a single t2d412" rockford fosgate off of a t1500.1bdcp rockford amp. also have the big 3 done 2 batteries rated at an equivalence of 100farad a peice and a rockford 10farad cap with digital volt meter, drops down to 11.3 need a yellow top.

also building a box to rockford spec for highput, mybe another 12" later on.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Hit a 167.xx in 2007 with no back seats 2 kicker amps and (4) Solobaric L7 15's. Box concaved to center to fit in the itybity car but it drummed. Busted seal on windshield twice. But that was during the Daytona 3x db drag contest in March 2007. Have sense sold setup. Now have a 10" Memphis M3 that hits like a 136.xx I believe.

Had to upgrade alternator, both amps ran on o/1 gauge, had a back up battery, HU was a kenwood ddx6019
i just gotts say, i doubt the 167.xx i have seen some monster systems pushing more then that only doing 155-160. you would need atleast a 200 amp alt and like 3 yellow tops...

·
Da fofo love remains
1,538 Posts
look back at others threads... rebuilt alternator with at a non professionally tested 195amp. We know that it at least does that but maybe does more. Won't ever know unless I decide to do a proper test. That's the thing about rebuilding your own instead of spending mulla to buy say a stinger alt that is of course already rated. And batcap 3000 is damn near if not equivalent to 2 yellowtop anyway. The thing itself is massive for a battery. The technology that makes up batcap brand doubles the battery as a high numbers capacitor to begin with.

But hey who I'm to judge those with opinions....because opinions are like [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]s..eeevvvverrryybody's got one. I have no need to prove myself to a rookie. I know what I know and have done and he knows what he has read. I have seen systems with what I had and less and more do the same, close to, and better.

And to alaskianzx5 and the noob I have the papers proving a 143.8 with just a, as you said, a crappy memphis 10". That's a 10" doing what a more expensive 12" can do.

To the noob if you are in fact building systems with massive amounts of power as you say with no proof either then why are you not hitting highs db's. Flaws in your build in box or something? Oh and the CRX in the pics had the same power setup as mine and Keita Harris did just fine as you saw. The others were to prove the smash of your anciently numbered record..

1 - 20 of 48 Posts