Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just got my car back from the shop..they had to repaint my rear end. It really needs a good hand washing but i dont know how long i should wait ( if i should wait at all)

btw its been about a week

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
did they buff it? am pretty sure you can wash it by now.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
You can wash it, just dont wax it yet

·
Registered
316 Posts
depends on the paint company for the time you need to wait to wax it. sherwin williams says that you can wax paint after a few days but others such as ppg say that you should wait up to 90 days otherwise the solvents that are in the paint will not be able to evaporate properly. washing it will be fine but just to be safe i would not wax it for a month or so

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
depends on the paint company for the time you need to wait to wax it. sherwin williams says that you can wax paint after a few days but others such as ppg say that you should wait up to 90 days otherwise the solvents that are in the paint will not be able to evaporate properly. washing it will be fine but just to be safe i would not wax it for a month or so
good information

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
im sure you can wash by now. if you go to the wash dont get to close to your car when washing. i'd wait 3 months before you wax it. but if you gonna wash it at home then go for it.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
rear end power ,i had to replace my rear end the paint dealer let it dry

before they gave it back.

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thnx for the help i think i will give it a good handwash today

·
Registered
433 Posts
When I had the front bumper replaced, I had the same problem. My body shop man told me I had to wait 60 days to wax it. He said at least for the first month to avoid wash and wax or putting the wax on it from the car wash. Those are strong enough to cause the same effects in the first few weeks of the paints cure time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts