Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the USB port that's located in the center console/stack (where you can put stuff in the little storage area if you lift the top)-- how long does the car provide power to a device that's plugged in once the car is turned completely off? Is it continuous or does it turn off after a set period of car inactivity?

Thinking of using the port for a dashcam, but I can't have it drawing power 24/7. Not sure if it eventually stops or just keeps on going.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Mine stays on about 10-30 mins after I turn off. Like the ciggy socket its ECU controlled and will shut down when the car decides to save battery

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine stays on about 10-30 mins after I turn off. Like the ciggy socket its ECU controlled and will shut down when the car decides to save battery
Thanks! I'm going to have to check this out; Ford said that it should remain on indefinitely, but I really need to make sure which one it is since it'll change my plans on how to power the dashcam!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
It is either 10 minutes or whenever a door is opened, which ever comes first... It's right in the owners manual somewhere... You're best off with a camera with it's own chargeable battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts