Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer put my factory order in on Thursday, August 4th and said he would give me the Order # when they got it...does it usually take this long for Ford to feed back the Order #???

·
Registered
781 Posts
um. you get the order number right when they enter the order into the system. ask for your DORA (dealer order receipt acknowledgment). when your dealership puts your dealer into ford's computer system and ford accepts it, it's in. ford acknowledges your order, as is, with your options, at a given price.

now, some dealerships only do actual entry on a certain day of the week (my dealership, wednesdays). so if you order on a thursday you might have to wait until the following wednesday. but not more than one week.

call your dealer, ask him for a copy of your DORA. if he can't give it to you by now, go find another dealer. he hasn't entered your system, they are lazy, and they are jerking you around.

·
Registered
218 Posts
My dealer put my factory order in on Thursday, August 4th and said he would give me the Order # when they got it...does it usually take this long for Ford to feed back the Order #???
The order number is actually the number the dealer generates for you. Once the order has been placed, you should get a copy of the order with the order number, the dealer code and the priority.. (Ford pulls dealer orders on Thursday night) The next step is the DORA which is Ford accepts the order, after the order is accepted, the next step is a VIN is issued for the order. After the VIN is issued, the next step is a build date. Once a build date is assigned, approximately seven days (our experience) prior to the build date the Monroney (window sticker) is available. Approximately two business days after your car has been built ETIS (European ford website) will show the completion date of your car. The next step is in transit, this is a blackhole, it could be one day or any number of days until your vehicle ships. Natasha aka FordCustomerService is a member here and will help guide you through the process with weekly updates as to what is happening to your order. Just send a PM to FordCustomerService.

Good luck and welcome to the "order process"!!!!

·
Registered
548 Posts
What dealership did you go to? I got mine a week later but it would have been available same day.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What dealership did you go to? I got mine a week later but it would have been available same day.
parkside ford.

·
Registered
548 Posts
That the one on regent?
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
main street...north. the one where cam cuts the mustard!!! lol.

i get free mustard for life now :p

·
Registered
548 Posts
Ooo alright, my dad got his ranger there. I have no experience really. I went with landau.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok...well i just emailed my dealer to get it.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i talked to my dealer today and he already gave me my VIN. pretty damn quick! 1 week later only.

my window sticker should show up soon, correct?

·
Registered
548 Posts
week or two later.

Did you contact your dealer or did they contact you with the VIN?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
week or two later.

Did you contact your dealer or did they contact you with the VIN?
i bugged him...i know him from my friend's old job. so maybe they put a rush on it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi fellow Winnipegger!
Any more updates on your factory order? I made a deal on the Aug 8th for mine and I went to the dealership today and they told me mine should arrive on the week of Sept 12th.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi fellow Winnipegger!
Any more updates on your factory order? I made a deal on the Aug 8th for mine and I went to the dealership today and they told me mine should arrive on the week of Sept 12th.
i've been told mine goes into production next week and should be around the 15th (week of the 12th)...ours could be on the same load!

did you get yours at parkside ford as well?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 25 Posts