Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into buying a set of wheels & tires off craigslist from an Eagle. The bolt pattern matches, 4x108 - and the offset appears to be similar (just judging from the pics)

My question is, how important is it that the offset matches my stock wheels? I'm considering buying these for a set of winter wheels/tires. Size is 185/70/14 if that matters.

Thanks for the help.

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
I have some winter tires that are 185/65/14 and they fit fine

·
Registered
584 Posts
It's hard to say by looks, but with that tire size you'll be fine anywhere in the ballpark of stock. Offset matters more on wider than stock tire sizes.
What Eagle are they from?

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
def. for a rustystang.

too little offset you'll get a floaty feel

too much, well... you'll rub

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
Not sure on the offset. I think they are 35, where as the focus requires 42-47.

They'll bolt up, but like wicked said you'll float around.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Offset is critical and you need to confirm it before purchasing the wheels. There were 108 bolt pattern wheels that came on early mustangs that had on 25mm of offset or so (common on rear wheel drive cars but not usable on front wheel drive cars). Stock focus offset is 52.5mm. 45 to 49mm is desirable. Lower offsets work with the right tire size and depends on if the car is lowered. The less offset you have the closer you are moving the tire and wheel toward the fender lip and fender liner.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Offset is a big thing. You should read the stickied threads, lots of info there!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts