Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a new round of mods and am thinking of getting a ported 2000 manifold... is this a good mod? Is there a noticable difference in power?

·
Registered
228 Posts
There is an increase in power over the later year models because the runners are rounded. The power would probably show on the dyno with some other mods like intake, tb, etc... I don't know if it would be noticeable while driving.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
it is a noticable mod for power. just be careful who you purchase them from, because it may seem like a good price. but not much is ported....i've done a few and a lotta plastic can be pulled from the stock manifold because u need to use some epoxy from going through.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
the best, hate to say it...but focus-central...i've seen the others and they aren't worth the extra bucks you pay, call up FC and see if they still do it, i know they did them a while back

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
This is a very good mod, especially if you have most other bolt ons and are looking for something else to boost your hp a bit. Do you have cams?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No... I don't have cams. I am going to wait to do that until the next round of mods. Currently I am putting on a Volant intake, Proflow MAF, more than likely Manifold, and the Eibach Dampers. The next round will likely consist of cams, cam gears, and head. I plan on going all motor with my car.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Exhaust
JBA Shorty Headers
Random Tech. High Flow Cat
2.5" Stainless Steel Flexpipe
Borla Cat-Back

Suspension
Eibach Pro Kit Springs
Eibach Front and Rear Sway Bars
Eibach Pro Dampers(ordered)
Steeda Front Strut Tower Brace
Focus Sport Rear Strut Tower Brace

Bolt On
BBK 65MM Throttle Body
Focus Central UDP
AEM CAI
STR High Flow Fuel Rail
Stainless Steel Braided Brakelines

Interior & Looks
B&M Short Shifter
Leather Corbeau TRS Seats
Corbeau 3 point belts
Ford Europe ST220 Wheels w/Yokohama Parada Spec 2 215/40/17

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
hmmm how much would fc put me out to port my 2000 intake mani??
OR if someone on here could do it i may be able to let my car sit for a while. let me know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts