Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 with the factory installed fog lamps. One of the bulbs went out the other day and I was wondering if anyone has changed their bulbs and if so, how hard was it to change the bulb?

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Easy. Unplug the headlight. Remove it. Reach down to the fog bulb and twist it counterclockwise. Unplug it. I think you can figure out the rest from there. Word of CAUTION: Be careful that the metal clips that the headlights screw into don't go anywhere. One fell off on me one day and it was a bitch to dig it out from behind the fender liner.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got at mine throught the fender well cause my arms are not the longest and did not want to drape myself over my car. couple of bolts on the bottom side and one in the fender. Pop the lining out of the lip its tucked and the fog light bulbs are right there. note: I did not remove whole fender lining just the bottom corner to access bulbs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cheers I got mine on right side like this too Full right hand steering 2 torx screws on under tray 2 torx screws inner wheel liner 2 plastic clips under tray look carefully at clips the middle pin pulls out 1st then the body comes out of hole small plastic trim lever gets the middle pin out or a small flat screw driver may do it
yep the liner just moves enough to get your hand in and there is plenty of wire on the lamp to change the bulb where you can see it
I did this without jacking car up or removing wheels easy My hand would not fit down the side of Washer reservoir doing it by Fords Manual and removing head light from the bottom is easier

1 - 4 of 4 Posts