Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an AEM CAI for my '00 Zetec (It hasn't arrived yet). I'm considering getting the bypass valve but I was wondering how hard it is to install. Does it require actually cutting the pipe? or is there sorta a spot for it already.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm selling mine

BRAND new in the box
i'll let it go for 35$ plus s/h

I'm in WI

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so does this mean that the bypass valve actually goes above the breather hose? won't water be sucked into the PCV?

if i put the valve above the breather hose why can't I just put it where the two pipes fit together and save myself from cutting my intake?

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
because it only fits in one spot. there is not enough room to mount it where the two pipes meet I know it sucks you have to cut the pipe but thats what I had to do for some peace of mind. I would'nt worry about sucking water into the PCV there is no suction there cause the motor sucks at the TB not at the PCV the bypass valve would open before water got that high anyway.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
darn. i wish i could just put it where the two pieces meet. that sucks. i'm gonna hate cutting up my new intake. thanks for the explanation though.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Yeah, it sucks, but you do what you gotta do. I thought I could fit it there too, but you will never be able to fit the battery tray back on with it there. Other than relocating the battery, you have to cut the pipe. If you buy the bypass new it will come with a template that will show you how much you need to cut.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts