Focus Fanatics Forum banner

how good is the SCT Pro?

400 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  1turbofocus
Here's the deal, I have a 2L Zetec and currently run the Pectel T2, we're about to upgrade from a 2Bar map sensor to a 3Bar so I can run 20PSI. The problem is the T2 is not really set up for it so we're going to lose some resolution (fine tuning capability). I've heard the SCT with the factory computer's adaptive learning is really good, is it? Should I be selling the T2 to somebody not needing more than 14PSi and getting the SCT Pro package??

Money is not an issue as I've spent soooooo much already I just want to make it the best it can be. I'm not rich but am willing to get what's right. Everything has been upgraded, pistons, rods, cams, valves, springs, retainers, clutch, flywheel, diff, etc, etc, etc, etc,

I would just like some feedback.

Thanks!! [thumb]

Installman
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· FF Affiliate
33,245 Posts
installman said:
I've heard the SCT with the factory computer's adaptive learning is really good, is it?
The adaptive learning needs to be turned off and not used , The adaptive learning is aimed more for emmissions than performance NONE of my tunes keep the adaptive learning on it tryes over time to lean out the tune

I do feel you will like the SCT PRP much better over the T2 and you wont loose any tuning ability and find it much easier to use , you will have to go back to a MAF tho and wont be able to use the MAP any more but in my opinion MAF is much better anyway

Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.