Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to me it's kinda obvious....pbso jupiter....which I know about 80% of the force fhp and alot of local leo's like to use grand cherokee's tahoe's trailblazer's impalas malibu's chargers expeditions excursions...yes you heard me right excursions new gen tauruses jeep liberty's which is rare LOL and yes I believe that jupiter even has a mazda cx7.........alot of the times the steelies are a dead give away because sometimes they dont use the optional higher end aluminium wheels...but sometimes they do and that's what makes them a little bit harder to spot. On the new gen impalas's if they are tinted you can look right on either side of the third brake light and you will clearly see led's even if the car looks like a normal civilian impala, if they are behind you look at the grille leds have gotten so small nower days that you can barely spot them..also look at the windshield header by the sun visors..sometimes not all cruisers will have grille led's. I am very viligant when i'm out on the roads...mainly because I am a little bit agressive....whenever I am out on 95 if i see anything that remotely looks like a u/c i slow down and creep past them, and trust me it's saved my ass plenty of times...I guess I am just more observant then the average driver when it comes to the newer stuff cops drive. I dont even think the newer impala's even qualify has cruisers LOL. Oh also if you think that all agencies only order hemi chargers think again...I've had a few instances where I rolled up on a unmarked charger with the 3.5 I dont know what agency it was but it was an umarked car..probabaly a detective or something. Since most national law enforcement agencies are revamping their pursuit laws they dont need high power anything anymore. Oh and stripped down yukons...and tahoe's i mean they are civilian versions but they have no options...and they dont have steelies so it makes them harder to spot.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
for me, here, its the exempt plates. they have a little EX stamped top-down on the side of the plate. otherwise I couldn't say. I saw an unmarked Camry awhile back. leds were hidden well too.

I say the surefire way to tell is to fly by them and see what they do [rofl] joking or course.

also I don't think this really should be in the second Gen section but I can't move it so... yeah.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
yep, sounds about right, they all have the "EX" and black steelies out here in Vegas.

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
they dont all have "ex" here in WA... i have had a hard time for the most part... but once again anything that is clean and has really dark windows i slow down lol

·
Registered
433 Posts
In PA most if not all in my area have a solid blue license plate with white letters. Around my area they have the typical crown vics, expeditions, chargers, f-150s, durangos, from what i can remember off hand.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
easy for me. i usually check the mirrors for LEDs, the windows for tint, and huge antennas. i remember one time on the highway i was about to put it in 3rd and punch it then i see a gold crown vic romping behind me. i look cautiously to see if its undercover then see the LED flashers. i got in the next lane to the right and accelerated ahead. the sunshades were a big hint too. oh and yes i left it in 5th lol

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Dark ass tint is an easy spotter. But here in El Paso and back in MD they dont all have EX plates. Most use normal plates. And some weird cars too.

ElPaso:
MB c230 sedan
Ford Mustang GT's old and new 5-speeds
Camaro LS1 6-speed

MD:
Camry
Tahoe (like a 94)
Buicks

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Best one I've seen (down here in Central Florida) a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix, brown-gold color, reg wheels, tinted windows, and with a MASSACHUSETTS license plates!! [rant]

How is that "legal"? HAHA

..no I didn't get pulled over saw him pulling someone over..

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
You can almost always see the lights in their grills out here in VA.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
White car (rarely black)
The spotlight on the driver's side
Antennas
Steelies with small hubcaps.
My radar detector going off

They're actually pretty easy to spot. Makes you wonder why they don't make them more disguised. Not that I'm complaining.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
back when i lived in Prescott AZ, it was impossible, sure you would see the occasional crown vic or whatever, but most of their unmarks were random cars. Toyota tacoma on raised suspension and huge tires? cop. bone stock chevy malibu? cop.

it didnt matter really, i think they took any impounds or seizures that they could, added some invisible LEDs, and put a cop in the drivers seat.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
It is getting harder. Oh the good old days when you could see the head lights of that Mustang coup running up behind you. Or the way the Crown Vic , just stood out. Could spot em a mile away. Sucks , getting pulled over by a late model SS Camaro. It's been a while for me. I can still pick them out pretty good.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I don't have to worry about unmarked police car. [neener]

I don't know if it's this way for all NY but in my area, police cannot use unmarked police cars to pull you over. A few years back, they were having trouble with civilians putting lights in there cars and doing their own law enforcement so if you are pulled over by a car that is not obviously a police car, it's not the police.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
In MA, just be suspicious of all black domestic vehicles with really dark tint and certain antenna arrangements on the back

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Every unmarked car/truck/SUV I have seen in Calgary is conspicuous by it's lack of DRLs. I think it has something to do with the wig wag headlights. White is also their favorite color.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Back in Frederick, MD, the city police have a couple of supercars, a Ferrari F430, a Lambo Gallardo,and I believe a Maserati. All white and all are used in big street racing busts.

The cars are from drug seizures so they didnt buy them.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Back in Frederick, MD, the city police have a couple of supercars, a Ferrari F430, a Lambo Gallardo,and I believe a Maserati. All white and all are used in big street racing busts.

The cars are from drug seizures so they didnt buy them.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Wish I could have one!
Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 19 of 19 Posts