Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a quick question, does anyone know exactly how fast a Focus Zetec 2.0 3 Door Hatchback Manual does 0-100km

Cheers!
James.[thumb]

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
0-100km/h in 9.3 seconds and a quarter mile in about 17 flat.

Potential is there and i guess it's not too shabby, for what you get anyway. But it's screaming to be massaged he he he...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anyone actually pushed the car all the way to 7000 RPM???????

·
Registered
18 Posts
i'm sure lots of people have. i certainly have. hit rev limit in second once by accident....i was demorilysing my mates corolla and while enjoying the moment forgot to change into third [:I] . but i can tell ya the power drops off after around 6500 anyways....its not worth taking it any further....i suppose a chip may help the little bugger to pull hard all the way.

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
It cuts out at 6800rpm and from experience is getting breathless not much past 6000rpm even tho it's still refined and smooth. Won't hit 7k though. I have hit it once just out of interest in 2nd, kinda bounced then I never go above 6000 these days, useless. I have been htinking of either chipping or putting on cat-backs. I'm not interested too much in the exhaust sound, the stock job keeps me happy. I just want the responsiveness. What do you recommend (can get both for the same price of about $650)

·
Registered
793 Posts
Ive done it before, but theres really no point in shifting any higher than 6k RPM you dont get any gains that high anyways

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hmmmm...

Been away for a while and now we got some more fish to fry! [thumb]

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
yeesss welcome back

·
Registered
176 Posts
Cat backs are cheap mate. Unless u want something that's APEXi yada yada..

Mine's identical to the Magnaflow setup - but without all the shiney bits underneath :p

·
Registered
712 Posts
I take my focus to 7300-7400 eevery time I shift, well almost every time. [:D]

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
take it you own an SVTF then Dave... otherwise you've got some serious long term reliability issues heading your way with your Zetec...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i think i'm gonna have to give 6k a go once i finish wearing in the engine hehehehehehe
it sucks i'm only on 300km so far and have to get to 1500km.
the other things that sucks is coz i'm a [L] plater hehehehehe (Focus Zetec for a first car how funny is that) i can't take it out as much as i want.[?|]

·
Registered
712 Posts
Yup, I have SVT model. You guys have any performance models over there, ST170 or RS?

·
Registered
347 Posts
I guess the average driver does a 17 but not all because a few people can run their stock Foci's at a 16.1-16.3 which is pretty good.

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
yeah mate, we get the entire European range, excluding (sadly) the RS.

Our performance model is the ST170 which as you may know is virtually identical to the SVTF inside and in the engine, just not exterior. We get the European range just as it would be sold on the showrrom floor in the UK or Europe, except we have a limited selection of coulours (about 2/3 of the European range) and we get a limited choice of cars. For example, our ST170 is only a 3 door in one colour that's it. No 5 door, no choice of colours. We also don't get the wagon which is a shame, but it's all good.

As for pulling 16.3 on the quarter mile (our 400m) I'm not sure myself, never tested, but it's only something you can run at a track. I'll get back to you on that one, but magazines don't seem to have tested the 2.0 Zetec much so the times probably aren't as good as they could be.

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
18 Posts
i guess it depends on the driver....and the conditions. take the new ford GT and GT-P for example. from various magazine tests results have varied from them doing 14.3s to 13.8s, which is quite a difference really. so one could expect that with the very few tests done on zetecs we really don't know exactly what they can run until some people take to the strip with em.

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
hmm that gives me an idea... :D he he he maybe the new Focus club could hit the Eastern Creek Drags mmmm

·
Registered
712 Posts
13.8 in a new ford GT, ouch, I would hope that thing would at least run 11's stock.

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
Hey for all you Americans out there, just to save you the grief and surprise (!!) this is actually a thread from the Regional Forums - Australia so all the cars we're talking about are Aussie cars in case you thought the times were weird. The Foci we're talking about are Euro Foci we get here in Oz and the Ford GT I referred to is an Aussie car, (the Ford Falcon GT and GT-P) which is a 5.4litre NA V8 sedan/saloon with about 390hp and 4 doors. It's a 5 seat passenger car that will hold it's own with Corvettes all day long and match a new Pontiac GTO (which itself is an Aussie car that you guys get)

As for the true Ford GT, I'd be surprised if it didn't crack 12's myself, I doubt it has actually been tested yet though... Australia certainly wouldn't get it before the states!!!!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wish magazines would hurry up and test the zetec so at least the we have a rough idea of what we can go up against in a straight line.
coz we all know corners are a whole different story.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts