Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this goes in this section or the tunning section.

When you adjust the idle speed in drive, and in neutral on the Xcal what does it contorl? Does it control the IAC in some way? or what does it do?

I ported my throttle body and tried to set the idle with the IAC unhooked it seemed to be good i got it set then plugged it in and it jumped the idle up. So i reset the ECU by pulling the battery.

After the reset it seemed good once it warmed up the idle went up quite a bit.

In the last tune i had the idle set to 850 both neutral and in drive. I then bumped it down to 700 it still seems kinda high.

Im wondering what the SCT does when adjusting the idle?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Better yet, how does the SCT Xcal do a lot of things? Kind of curious myself...
lol, well i kinda understand how the TB works using the IAC but is the Xcal controlling how much it opens depending on what you set the SCT idle setting to? Or doing it some other way?

From the factory the idle adjust screw is glued so you cant tamper with it but if they do that then it has to be controlled some other way.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
XCal tells your computer what RPM to idle at. The computer then makes it happen.

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
XCal tells your computer what RPM to idle at. The computer then makes it happen.
Correct , the Idle Air Controle Valve sets the idle , its basicly a controled Vac leak and allows the amount of air to pass to meet the targeted idle that I set in the tune

Tom

·
Registered
180 Posts
Tom, say I upgraded pistons, cams and put some other bolt-ons on my 20 duri, how close could you come to creating a tune that would have the car running tip top without having to dyno and have a pro pinpoint tune it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts