Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driver side miror is broken. It was frozen and someone attempted to adjust it anyway.

So it feels like the glass is off the track/adjusted inside and its pointed all the way down and if i point it up it flings right back down again.

How do you take the mirror apart so i can put everything back in place? It appears the from part of the housing should come off but im not sure how.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
housing comes off easily. you have to pull off the inside panel where u adjust the position of the mirrow. it comes off fairly easy. i mean, there are alike 3 clip tabs on the inside and thats it. then you can take off the mirror. it will take you like 20 mins tops!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
housing comes off easily. you have to pull off the inside panel where u adjust the position of the mirrow. it comes off fairly easy. i mean, there are alike 3 clip tabs on the inside and thats it. then you can take off the mirror. it will take you like 20 mins tops!!
Is that how to get the housing off or apart? I dont think ill have an issue getting the mirror off the car but i know i will trying to get it apart to fix the adjuster.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the inside piece off with no issues, but i only see 1 screw that could possible hold the mirror on. Also do i have to remove the mirror to get it apart? It looks like the front half (round portion) of the mirror housing should come off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts