Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The SynchMyRide.com website is about as clear as mud when it comes to talking about running this application to see what version of Synch is installed in your car. After you run it, it supposedly copies a report to the USB drive and you're supposed to upload it to see if there are updates available.

Well...
I downloaded the tool (apparently you can only do so in IE, so a Mac is out), installed it on my car, and nada. No report, nothing. What am I doing wrong? Are there CLEAR instructions on how you go about running this tool?

·
Registered
263 Posts
You won't see any report in the car. You have to take the USB stick back to your computer and run it through syncmyride.com again. I haven't done it in awhile, so I don't remember the exact steps.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
...the website tells me there's no report on the USB drive.
Happened to me too before the v2.11 update came out. I just went to the dealer and got it installed. (Then I taught the tech how to calibrate the screen! [:p])

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm going to assume nothing, so if I explain something you already did, I apologize. I'm also doing this from memory, so some wording might be off.

With the USB stick in the car, touch the information button in the bottom middle of the screen. In the lower right hand corner should be a button that says "install apps", or something like that. It should find the program on your USB stick and install it and say something like "installation complete".

If you already did that and its still not finding it, try to format the USB stick and try again. I had to do that when actually installing the update. Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts