Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to the scrap yard today got my cluster with the tach the girl said it wont work I said ring it up sweetie i'm in a hurry lol got it home plugged it in and yes it worked but it has 155378 mine has 115948 Dam it'll take for ever to get there wondering if some computer tech could unsolder my computer and resoler it to the new cluster[idea] [thumb]

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
??????????????????????? new clutster with higher mileage and your wondering if you can get it too read correct again??? thats about all I got from that

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks death bomber i'll try to clear it up my stock cluster has no tach at the scrap yard same car had a cluster with a tach but way higher milage since the computer is soldered on i wonder if u heat up the solder take it off and switch[thumb]

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Unfortunately the Proms cannot be switched over there basically an all in one its also the controller to the board..I was trying to do that with another Cluster I got a while back for my other focus and basically killed the prom :( as soon as I plugged it in the gauges went berserk and got all dash's on the odo.. I reverted the proms and got the odo to read but the gauges on both clusters refused to work

I kinda got lucky on mine tho XD
Orig was 219170
Scrap yard one with tach was 219193 <-- nearly crapped myself when I saw how close

to be honest I couldn't care less if it was reading 500,000 I am about to remove the odo period I dun like the color and im gunna cap the clusters opening

if I actually get around to a SVT Swap the mileage will be WAAAAY off and technically they cannot register mileage on a car that has an engine it was never sold/offered with heheheh

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx feral thought i ask anyhow well i need 40th km so i can switch soooo i guess i should get in shut up and drive ,drive ,drive ,drive[headbang] [ffrocks] [loveff]

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
o_O lit cigarette lighter mod... I have the factory cigarette plug on my dash but it only illuminates when the dash lights are turned on... is that what your trying to do ????

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
I think so aswell :) thats why I'm asking.. I would rather ask

but what I don't get is why theres a mod for the lighter when focuses have a green ring around the lighter sockets ?!?!?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey guys i'm thinking your right i tapped in to a constant wire i got the cig lighter off another focus at the scrap yard and took the wires since my car had two wires and i needed three i just took the third wire wrapped it around the positive one i guess i'll just take it off thanx 4 the help a rep 4 u all[ffrocks] [bash]

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ehh ! feral and 420 tried to give u guys a rep but it said i have spread some around before i can give u guys another but dont worry i'm a newwbie i'll have lots of questiongs about modding lol and i'll need lots of help [cheers] [ffrocks]

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
ehh ! feral and 420 tried to give u guys a rep but it said i have spread some around before i can give u guys another but dont worry i'm a newwbie i'll have lots of questiongs about modding lol and i'll need lots of help [cheers] [ffrocks]

hahahahah yeah its all good I will get you a rundown on what wire to tap for that cigarette lighter light to work properly :)

thats weird tho I looked at every Foci in the scrap yard and everyone had a light ring around the lighter heheh I think you may have lost a wire behind the dash or it broke

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nah my fofo is basic the only options are a/c power locks my stock lighter came with a black ring around it it doesnt light up so i just pulled the fuse for now thanx again feral[thumb] [ffrocks]

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
all you would need to do is to locate the feed to the radio where it supplies power to the backlights when the headlight switch is turned on

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
man that sucks it wont let me give u guys another rep but anyone else who reads this should see that u guys are awsome for helping out a fellow fofo hats off to u guys. because of guys like u and loud neewbies get modding help so we to can appreciate the funner things in life[:D] [driving] [woot]

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
reps are fine but not needed :) I will help anyone rep or not :D if your wondering this is wagon #2 http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w3/k3feral/Focus Wagon 2/ thats the car I do all my demonstrations/tests help type pictures for these forums.. right now its not running (Blown Engine) and the interiors being overhauled so its basically my teaching/learning car hahahaha

1 - 20 of 22 Posts