Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep unscrewing them but thy don't come out. I way watched a video that said take the middle part out bit out doesn't.

·
Jetsetter
6,659 Posts
Talking about the plastic screws that hold the cover over the upper grill covering the marker lights?

Yeah they dont always screw out like they should, You'll have to pry them out and most likely break a few, but don't worry you can find exact replacement at lowes in the automotive fasteners drawer in the Hardware dept.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,214 Posts
I pry up the screw with my fingernail and unscrew it with NO downward pressure and they always come out. You gotta have a light touch on the screwdriver to get those things out.

·
Registered
17,502 Posts
Not screws at all even though they have threads. They push inside outer sleeve to expand it so it is then too big to come out of hole. They simply push in by hand with no tool to install.

Pry the center up and then remove it then remove the outer. Once pulled be advised they generally do not hold as secure as the first time used. I replace 9/10ths of mine with jack lugs and bolts to be rock solid like oldschool.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts