Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I am sorta new here, i read all the time but never post but i was wondering how you would do it. Now i am not talking about street racing because that is so wrong! But seriously i wanna know the best way to do it. I have an autotragic but this basterd I know thinks his Integra LS is so fast and yet he has nothing done to it or anything. Despite the Teg being a manual, he doesn't know how to drive it correctly. And if I am to race this kid I wanna do it right? So this would be done at the track cuz street racing is wrong[}:)] any help would be greatly appreciated[:D]

·
Registered
101 Posts
if you do do a brake stand be carefull there a killer on your pads if you push it to much on a frontwheel drive, also i've smoked a integra ls 5speed with my zx3 2.3l 5speed and im bone stock and he had intake and exsaust. He wasn't very smart he was a self proclaimed racer but his idea of a good take off was to rev close to 5 or 6k then drop the clutch, i lanched from maybe 3k and got a fat lead on him before he stoped peeling out i think he might have even punched the clutch to stop burning out lol....

·
Registered
847 Posts
I let a guy in an LS have a head start (no starter so I just told him to go and I will catch hime) on a private track, like Gary's encounter, the Integra had intake/exhaust, I won when I was stock, had 1/2 a car on him by the end of 2nd gear, then it was all over. I've driven the Integra and it's quick and he didn't know how to shift it, but it still lacks the torque needed to beat a Duratec focus.

You won't need to do much but slam the gas to beat him, chances are he will be so nervous seeing your car go by he will miss 3rd gear.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah but I am worried that my ATX is gunna cost me? U guys are the focus gods n i look up to u soo be honest could i take him and thanx for the pointers, i'll try them as soon as some of this snow melts. Thanx. This kid talks so much trash its not funny. He thinks my car is slow bwahaha. I mean its not fast but hell he think his Integra is the shizzy.... When do you suggest i should shift the car at what rpm?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Personally, I'd put it in Drive, clamp the left foot on the brake, run it up toward about 3K rpm, let off the brake like it was a clutch on a MTX, backing out of the throttle a tiny bit if you get too much wheelspin, and from there just mash it to the floor and let the transmission decide when to shift.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx, the a-hole decided to sneak a CAI on it, n not say anything about it... I still think I can take him..... oh well.... thanx for the help... I'd have shit on my car but money is so hard to find these days, too many bills....[:(] i need a new job

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
when I was using my Volvo's ATX, I found that once I'm going a good 30-40 mph , I punch it into D2 and have a ATX down shift. Fun stuff.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any suggestions i can get i will take thats for sure. Thanx i will try these things as soon as the weather gets a little better, icey pavement is shitty... Although, the parking lots are great for some doughnuts.

·
Registered
446 Posts
id say go somewhere and practice your launch, try out different styles of shifting and whatnot.
practice makes perfect

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah i am but like i said the weather has been piss poor lately, i think the launch would be the key to the race, if i can do it right, i'm sure this will be cake. I know that he doesn't know how to shift so thats a plus, had the car for 3 months and the kid already f'ed up his clutch. Stupid r*cer. He goes around saying my car is slow and yet his can't stay in one piece. hahahaha. Its got an Acura sticker across the front of it just in case I forget who made the Teg. You know really don't care of what other people think about my car, whether its fast or not, I just enjoy my car and take pride with what I have. I look forward to modding my car and if i loose, well life goes on. I do want to beat this kid cuz he said my car is slow, becuz then what does he haveta say about his car then? You got beat by a slow car, sooooo that makes ur car even slower. bwahaha. thanx again. BTW why is this place seem dead all of a sudden. there useta be a bizillion posts and now theres nothing..... disappointing.

·
Registered
847 Posts
So freakin race him already, tell him to put up or shut up, wet or dry

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
I'm sitting infront of my fire place waiting for Santa. I want to jump his ass and take the sled out for a test drive. Let's see what 12 Deer can get you. Hopefully more than 145 horses.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts