Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was unsure where to put this but how do you do it? i want to paint mine black but i have no idea on where to start. Can anyone enlighten me please thanks

·
Registered
407 Posts
go to a powder coating place
thats what i did for my 15" steelies gottem done glacer white and there slick and its durable as heck drove lots on gravel roads not a chip and when your just washem off they look brand new
400$ for 4 is what i paid

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
wow...would you rather get your rims painted for $400, or just get a whole new set? personally, I'd just get an entirely new set of some nice ones for $400

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
wow...would you rather get your rims painted for $400, or just get a whole new set? personally, I'd just get an entirely new set of some nice ones for $400
I have considered many options for wheels to get what I want.
Sometimes, this means painting or powder coating existing or even new wheels to get the color. There are few $100/wheel choices out there. $100/wheel shipped is about impossible for new aftermarket wheels.

Powder coat is tougher/more durable. It obviously costs more than paint, but if you can't afford it a quality DIY paint job is doable. Just take your time as it is all in the prep work before and inbetween coats. Don't rush it or lose patience.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
you can take the rims to some1 and pay out the wazzu for a pro paint or powdercoat job or you can try to do it youself. all you have to do is tape off the sidewalls of the tires and any other area you dont want painted and rattlecan away! be sure to thoroughly clean the surface you want to paint and if its a little rough go ahead and sand it down until its smooth. header paint works wonders so the paint doesnt crack if you heat up your brakes alot. for a glossier look use rattle can clear coat in a minimum of 2 layers after its last coat of paint has dried. i suggest doing this in a sealed, wind free environment to keep dust from getting on the wheels between coats and i suggest a minimum of 3 coats of paint for durability.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts