Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine are brown from the brake dust instead of black. I am afraid of using acid on them, becuase there is some aluminum around the edge so I don't want it to turn white.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
did you paint them matte black?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no I didn't paint them. and I already bought super clean all wheel cleaner and they didn't clean up that easily. I can get them clean with scrubbing them i was just wondering if there was and easier way.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
The only "easier" way I've ever found for cleaning brake dust is prevention. Next time you get them all good and cleaned up, put a coat of good synthetic wax on them, it provides a layer of protection from the dust and makes it harder to stick to the wheels.

Don't use carnuaba, it gets too hot down by the wheels, and it's not a sturdy enough compound to stand up to the wear and tear down there.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I had stains on my wheels from brake dust, from the previous owner. Eagle one Wheel and Tire cleaner is pure magic in a bottle!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
if they are spray can painted matte black, you may just want to consider repainting them. Matte black doesnt clean up to well. If you like the look you could have them professionally done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts