Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I missed it, but my MFT indexes all songs alphabetically...

Any way to change it so it keeps it in original order that came with the album?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I might work to put a track number before the song name. I have used that with other software.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I might work to put a track number before the song name. I have used that with other software.
I have both numbers in my song ID3 tags AND the filenames.
It is indexing based on ID3 tag song title...

The only work around I see right now is to tag every one of my song with Title "1 - whatever" "2 - whatever".
So if you were referring to the ID3 tags, then yes...

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think if you play by Album name they will play in order. I got it to work for a while and then it rebooted.[poke]

Make sure shuffle is turned off.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think if you play by Album name they will play in order. I got it to work for a while and then it rebooted.[poke]
Thx I'll try it out tomorrow morning on way to work. Sorry to hear about your MFT. 2.5 months into ownership and I finally get to fully use my MFT... Well not fully use it, since they removed features to get it to work right. Funny huh?

·
Registered
788 Posts
I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to but I have mine set to play all songs alphabetically both on my finger drive and iPod. If I want to listen to a specific album I use the voice command. I set mine up by going into Browse, Music, Play All. On the Browse screen you can also choose Playlists, Artist, Albums, Songs, Genres and Composers. Now, if it's alphabetical in all those categories I don't know, maybe that's the way it's programmed to organize the information. I like the alphabetical because it's like listening to the radio without the annoying chatter.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Liquid is right I played it in original order when you play just that album.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Liquid is right I played it in original order when you play just that album.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts