Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how I go about figuring out which clutch pack and software my DCT has? i'd like to know if i have the latest updates or not. i have a 2014 model year. i bought it in Feb. of 2014. I do not know the exact build date or where to look that up either?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Does anyone know how I go about figuring out which clutch pack and software my DCT has? i'd like to know if i have the latest updates or not. i have a 2014 model year. i bought it in Feb. of 2014. I do not know the exact build date or where to look that up either?
You definitely don't have the latest firmware. There have been several updates since you bought it. Don't think there is a way to figure out which clutch pack you have.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not experiencing any issues so would it really be necessary to have mine updated to the most recent version?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Not at all necessary - some of the earlier updates folks liked less than the prev. version they had.

You're bypassing it anyways with custom programming, no point going to stock - getting an update - then changing it back to your custom version afterwards.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not at all necessary - some of the earlier updates folks liked less than the prev. version they had.

You're bypassing it anyways with custom programming, no point going to stock - getting an update - then changing it back to your custom version afterwards.
good point.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how is that going by the way?

·
Registered
527 Posts
I was wondering this as well. Mine is a July 2014 build with no tune. I actually just got my car serviced recently too. Is this something they would check/ updated automatically?

·
Registered
232 Posts
The most recent flash has much faster aggressive shifts(then again my clutches were shot before..), but downshifts SUCK. Super soft and slow.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Would a Ford dealer be able to determine which version of what that you have ?
Of course, if you ask for the latest version then they will check and see which version you have... it especially helps if you mention that your transmission has been a little weird and you just want to make sure you have the latest version... Going into the dealer with lots of information always helps, so it doesn't hurt to talk about that there's been new updates as you read up when your transmission started acting a little weird...

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how do you find your build date?

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cool thank you!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Also, you can check your VIN online, sorry I don't have the link handy but it's been posted in other threads here...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I say if it ain't broken don't fix it.. Like danbfree mentionned, if you want peace of mind, you can always go to your local Ford dealer and ask them if they can update your DCT. As for myself, no issues with mine as of yet. I make sure not to baby the transmission. Bought mine last week. And thank you for asking how are suppose to find our built date, cause that was my next question. Hope you're having fun with your Focus. I'm sure am. So happy :) /Sonia

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Two of the many ways to check for the build date:

1. visit etis.ford.com > Vehicle >Vehicle look up > enter vin> search. Under primary features you'll find a line called build date, this will be in the European date format of Day, Month, Year

2. On the driver's side door jamb on the bottom of the sticker is a date code that corresponds to the build date.

In this example it was 1201204235001

1 - USA built car / check code afaik
2- 2012 - Build year
3 - 04 - Build Month (April in this case)
4- 23 - Build date
5 - 5001 Blend code used for assembly of the vehicle (parts are delivered in bins tagged for this blend number to build the vehicle in the assembly plant.

My old car was build 4/23/12.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Two of the many ways to check for the build date:

1. visit etis.ford.com > Vehicle >Vehicle look up > enter vin> search. Under primary features you'll find a line called build date, this will be in the European date format of Day, Month, Year

2. On the driver's side door jamb on the bottom of the sticker is a date code that corresponds to the build date.

In this example it was 1201204235001

1 - USA built car / check code afaik
2- 2012 - Build year
3 - 04 - Build Month (April in this case)
4- 23 - Build date
5 - 5001 Blend code used for assembly of the vehicle (parts are delivered in bins tagged for this blend number to build the vehicle in the assembly plant.

My old car was build 4/23/12.
thanks Suss that was very helpful!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts