Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
It won't pull out till you turn it to the first click, then pull out away from the dash.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
lol I had this same problem when i first got my car, that thing really isn't labled well

but yeah just pull out

·
Captain TMI
21,235 Posts
didn't come with one, believe it or not.

Thanks everyone else.
Well you should get some kind of manual because the fuse locations are not written on the fuse boxes.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
mine didn't come with an owners manual either, but for all my question i go to good 'ol FF!

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Don't feel bad. With my first Focus, it took me a while to figure out how the rear washer worked, and I had to eventually break down and open the manual...

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have to confess the fog lights, wipers and a few other bits are a bit odd...not Ford "standard", for sure; but also not like the Japanese or Euro cars I've driven.
Then again, the early 80's "push turn signal for horn" wasn't very common, either, although Ford claimed it was based on a European concept (I think it was used in a few Mercedes models, but I have yet to find one).

Ford have very nicely made the owner's manuals and brochures available for download. My tenant's car didn't come with a manual, so I printed the quick reference brochure for her and put it in the glovebox. I think she's since purchased a manual on eBay.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
holy batstick threadrevival.. and i found an option on one of my cars ive never known about.. one of my fords has rear taillight foglights..
turn switch 2 left headlights come on
pull out 1 click front fogs illuminate
pull out 1 more time rear fogs which are just super bright brake lights illuminate.

xD

·
Registered
68 Posts
holy batstick threadrevival.. and i found an option on one of my cars ive never known about.. one of my fords has rear taillight foglights..
turn switch 2 left headlights come on
pull out 1 click front fogs illuminate
pull out 1 more time rear fogs which are just super bright brake lights illuminate.

xD
Does that mean you never used your foglights until now? Were you not worried they were missing considering they are a legal requirement?

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
In the UK = yes, some other places are not even fitted normally.

Mynx is in Canada, and seems to somehow have acquired a Euro spec car in his fleet.

USA I can confirm front fogs are an option, rear not available at all. In fact, they'd be illegal here in most areas.

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Nutz

Well, it was an import - wonder how that one slipped through without change.

·
Registered
68 Posts
In the UK = yes, some other places are not even fitted normally.

Mynx is in Canada, and seems to somehow have acquired a Euro spec car in his fleet.

USA I can confirm front fogs are an option, rear not available at all. In fact, they'd be illegal here in most areas.
Ahh I missed that part, saw Chatham and missed the rest. My apologies.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts