Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to take out the governor and make the engine not stop injecting fuel at 108mph? Like if there's something in the fusebox or whatever?

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
You'll need a chip. Its the only legal, safe way.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Get a chip.
Go to Diablosport.com and send them an email with your ECU code and they can tell you if they can remove the governer for your car.
Just click on the Tech Support link on the webpage.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
why would u want to go over 108? not only will it take u 8 minutes to get there, but with brake drums in the back and factory tires its a horrible idea

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
haha, i guess man but i wont be in the car. i cant wait to get 4 wheel discs mmm its goin on after my exhaust suspension and at the same time as my wheels

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
anyone from around here knows 108 is nothing, heck try going 80 and ppl pass you like you are standing still..

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
EuroZX3 said:
haha, i guess man but i wont be in the car. i cant wait to get 4 wheel discs mmm its goin on after my exhaust suspension and at the same time as my wheels

Ok euro u have to hook me. I'm going all out this spring/summer for autox getting new shocks, springs, another set of wheels, another set of tires, and i would love to get 4 wheel disc brakes. Can u hook me up with a link with the conversion kit?

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
how do you take out thew governor? RECALL HIM! ha-ha, I crack myself up.

Mike

PS- just do the chip like everyone else said

·
Registered
48 Posts
is 108 supose to be fast? shit in cali thats noting . one time i was going 105 and like 10 cars went by like noting , they had to be going 115-120.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yep, even my little sis drives above 100 in her old Volvo around San Diego. 108 is nothing much, I hit it many times - in my old Eclipse I hit a little above 120 once ...

A colleague of mine drives a 350z and sometimes he takes it up to 140-150. Now that's speed - way too much on the hwy, but this is what he does ...

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
umm yah the most I did was 110 and one of the fake cops came up behind me on the highway and flashed his light...scared the piss outta me..then freakin went and sped past me at like 120! The sob I coulda!! :) Then later in the night I caught up with him at a light on my offramp and shit there he is at the light ....he looks at me I gave him a bad glare and he frickin spins the tires and gasses on it...I was like...omg...lol
-Joe

·
Registered
607 Posts
mofocus said:
anyone from around here knows 108 is nothing, heck try going 80 and ppl pass you like you are standing still..
I remember that when I lived in Tx. a lot of fun going down the highway in a '76 diesal F-250 or whatever it was at 100+mph.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts