Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
7,000 miles into my dream 2012 focus titanium blue candy 4 door sedan... I have complained, they looked and have not fixed my issues... Paint has high and low spots with major light and dark blotches through out the car, paint chips in heavy dark areas.... Transmission shifts up 50% of the time in sport select mode, transmission is not there when it the gas on 12 times, drivers door not aligned with rear drivers side door, read deck lid warped, lines up on passenger side, tail lights sticks above deck lid on drivers side.... my touch goes into maintenance mode everyday, nav freezes up, now stuck in "Vehicle Transport Mode Active", bluetooth finds my phone 50% of the time.... clunking noise when braking semi hard.... dealing with my dealer is like pulling teeth.. my 2012 ford focus is junk [rant]

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
why not call Ford themselves? Did that with my saturn and they took care of everything...Dealer wouldn't do shit for me but corporate did. [dunno]

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
more than half of those problems were like that upon delivery and you should have refused it if it was that bad. I understand misaligned panels is an issue anyway with these but thats no reason to accept delivery

MFT just sucks.... it always has and I dont see much improvement over the last two model years its been out (in the escapes I think it was first introduced?) maybe someday but not now.

sorry its been a problem

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
MFT just sucks.... it always has and I dont see much improvement over the last two model years its been out (in the escapes I think it was first introduced?) maybe someday but not now.

sorry its been a problem
I just play my music, that's all I need really; didn't order the nav. Apart from that I leave the system ALONE (b/c it froze up once already and said F-it just play my music and I will be happy).... maybe future MFT updates will present more user-friendly stature

[drummer] rock on to my beats

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
more than half of those problems were like that upon delivery and you should have refused it if it was that bad. I understand misaligned panels is an issue anyway with these but thats no reason to accept delivery

sorry its been a problem
i agree with that...

should have said something about most of that on delivery I would have refused the car if it looked as bad as you say. jus' sayin'

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
thats what I'm hoping for you guys. theres a problem when they decided to develop MFT and each developer sits in his little cubicle or wherever he/she works and has no real collaboration with the other team members so everything is different just in the programs. Granted, most manufacturers do this with their computer systems now but it didnt work out very well with this specific product for some reason.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i took delivery of it on Saturday when it arrived and it was raining, Maine dealers are not open on Sunday but I was there first thing Monday morning.... They called ford a month ago and a ford rep is supposed to come out.... alot of the issues I did not feel or happen until i had 500 plus miles on it.... the paint is worse during sunny days... I am just really disappointed in ford quality.... i have owned several focus cars and this generation is the worse.... i had to pull the battery cable off after i posted this first post just to reset the radio.... just really disappointed at ford.... yea i should have waited to pick it up on a sunny day but you don't expect shit when you pay $28,000 for a 2012......

·
Registered
967 Posts
Sorry to hear about your experiences, but mines been darned near perfect.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so one person with a 2012 focus left a comment but several others with other years gave good input, yet i was moved to third generation focus.... lol why post anything in general chat when it just gets moved several hours later...... I would have posted there but a majority of this site is 1st and 2nd generation owners with wonderful advice.... So now i am stuck on third generation with a few hundred people who have just joined....lol thanks Carl, your a life saver...

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
so one person with a 2012 focus left a comment but several others with other years gave good input, yet i was moved to third generation focus.... lol why post anything in general chat when it just gets moved several hours later...... I would have posted there but a majority of this site is 1st and 2nd generation owners with wonderful advice.... So now i am stuck on third generation with a few hundred people who have just joined....lol thanks Carl, your a life saver...
I'm here to help. [thumb] I moved you here because your issues are dealing specifically with the Third Gen Focus, not the Focus in general. You can still get good input from other people.

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
I bought a 30 thousand dollar car and had issues with it a few years ago, was a GM product (a saturn). If your so disappointed with it, tell them so. or hell take it back, is there not a lemon law?

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Do you hear that? Its the sound of the worlds smallest violin playing just for you. Regardless you have 7000 miles now thats a bit LATE...

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
Geez you'd think someone who's a previous Focus owner (who stayed in the family by getting a 2012) would get a little more love. But I suppose on the other hand there isn't a hell of a lot that can be done by any of us to help you. As suggested, be a little more aggressive with trying to get the dealer to rectify at least some of the issues. Sorry to hear the car is giving you so much grief.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Seriously sorry to hear it. Don't let it stress you out too much (cuz then they win). Just be persistent. Keep after it (without getting vicious about it). I'd be upset, too. But if you persevere, then Ford should take care of it to your satisfaction. At least I would think so...

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Geez you'd think someone who's a previous Focus owner (who stayed in the family by getting a 2012) would get a little more love.
You can't expect very much here.

As the OP pointed out, this is the third generation forum so we are all newbies that are less likely to provide any helpful advice.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hmmm.... I do agree several issues should have been caught prior to the OP picking up the vehicle. It's like saying "well, I bought the house in the winter and there was snow on the roof. I just assumed it was ok."

But my 2011 Fiesta went though 3 trannys (DCT's) and I was pursuing the lemon law. Ford seemed to think nothing was wrong with the car and wanted the case to go to arbitration. Luckily my dealer stepped in at that point and gave me the buy back price on the Fiesta as long as a purchased something from the lot. Picked up a 2012 Focus...

Now, my Focus was great until about a month ago when it didn't start and threw a few codes. Took it to the dealer but the check engine light turned off and the codes were gone....hmmm.

Dealer advised me, they reset the system. Now I am having harsh shifts, shudder, and very erratic behavior by the tranny in stop and go traffic. I assumed the TCM needed to learn the tranny and me again. But I have put 1000 miles on it and no change.

Problems started around 7500 miles and I have a little over 8500 miles now.

So my point is I can see both sides. Somethings should have been discovered initially but the tranny qwerks can get VERY frustrating.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Way to post up here then again with your own thread about the SAME thing Vrod21...

OP, point is, you waited almost 8k miles to complain? This car has been great for me, my car is gorgeous, no flaws, MFT even WORKS for me. Sounds like you got a bad egg, and if these issues were so apparent then they should have been addressed immediately. You should have taken more time looking at the car instead of assuming it would be okay.

Just a thought, go over your $28,000 purchase with a fine toothed comb, don't expect it to be perfect just because of how much you paid. Remember, your car was $5000 more than mine but it was built in the same place.

Just because we're new to the Focus forums doesn't mean we're new to cars, so next time try to speak for yourself, not hundreds of others, it's not as if it's all of our first cars, bud. So, you've effectively called us all useless at giving any helpful information JUST because we're new to the Focus, well, were the 2012 owners so if you want advice on the 2012 model, we're who you have to turn to. Now you're turning us away.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Dealer advised me, they reset the system. Now I am having harsh shifts, shudder, and very erratic behavior by the tranny in stop and go traffic. I assumed the TCM needed to learn the tranny and me again. But I have put 1000 miles on it and no change.
Do you know the build date of your car?
Has the dealer performed any TSB's?

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
You are not "stuck" anywhere. Most of us use the New Posts button near the top of the page and stumble upon threads regardless of the section.

Your thread was moved because it is third gen specific, like it or not.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.