Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for Christmas I was given a full set of seat covers for my 2006 ZX4. I didn't really want them, but I figured I'd humor the giver (after all, she is my mom...)

I was able to work the covers on to the front seats with ease (probably not what you'd call the right way, but whatever), but it looks like the back seat bench will have to come out to install the back seat cover. I'm a noob to seat covers and removing seats and whatnot, so I'm wondering if there's a guide or something to show how to remove the back bench.

A Google search only turned up guides for the 00-04 models. Are they the same, or is there a different guide somewhere?

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
So for Christmas I was given a full set of seat covers for my 2006 ZX4. I didn't really want them, but I figured I'd humor the giver (after all, she is my mom...)

I was able to work the covers on to the front seats with ease (probably not what you'd call the right way, but whatever), but it looks like the back seat bench will have to come out to install the back seat cover. I'm a noob to seat covers and removing seats and whatnot, so I'm wondering if there's a guide or something to show how to remove the back bench.

A Google search only turned up guides for the 00-04 models. Are they the same, or is there a different guide somewhere?

Thanks
Matt
I think the rear seats are the same 2000-2007 - my 02 and 05 look the same at least for the seat bottom. There are two bolts (Torx T-40) on the front outboard ends of the rear seat bottoms. Remove those and pull seat bottom up. Retightening bolt torque is 18 ft-lbs

This is for an SVT but should be very similar:
https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/svt-interior-mods-upgrades/199523-how-remove-rear-seats-w-pics.html

Good luck
Paul

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts

Thanks
Matt
Really if you don't want them, Take them back for something you could use.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Matt,
Like Paul said, you need a Torx bit T-40 ((but it might be a T-50 IIRC??)) to remove the rear seat bottom from the car.

Side note: I bought a set of Torx bits a few years ago and love it. I have used this set a few times (strange enuf) in the house too. Once on a fridge and once on a microwave oven, and twice on a slow cooker (stupid Diode died twice). I like to play and repair things.

That tool set includes 2 or 3 different Torx bit types, and was not too expensive, $30 maybe? BTW I also used an "E" socket during my car Alternator replacement.

Looky here: I found that tool set in my order history:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HSHV84/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Gd Luck

·
Registered
16,191 Posts
Be careful with those bit sizes, a couple are very close and using the one will seem correct even though the next bigger will go in too (you won't know that unless you go further). And how many of the cam sprocket bolts get stripped out.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Good idea not to disappoint Mom, plus you may just thank here later for them. Pix and description of them would be cool, I am sorta looking for some to cover that damn leather.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts