Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have 2 spare dell monitors and me and my dad had this idea to put one of them in my zx3 and hook my old xbox 360 up to it so could you guys help me by telling me what i would need to install all of this and any tips you could give me would be much appreciated

~thank you

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Uh, like, full fledged computers monitors? You're in way over your head kid. I don't know how you plan on mounting this/hacking it in, but it's surely going to look ugly as sin. Next, the monitor requires a 110VAC input, which isn't crazy considering you'll need that for the XBOX too. Also, most any cheap Dell computer monitor is going to have either DVI or VGA inputs only. Neither of which the XBOX outputs native.

Lastly, please please PLEASE tell me this is a CRT monitor.[goofydrunk]

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
On second thought. This should be easy. Take a razor knife and cut a hole in the top dash pad large enough to fit the monitor. Set the monitor in place, take a picture and post it up when you're done. We'll help you clean it up once we see what you've got.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Install an inverter, then find somewhere you want to stick your computer monitor... I mean it's an econobox so there's gotta be tons of room right?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well my dad was saying we could like try take the passenger airbag out and put it in that slot and buy i cant remember what it was called but it would make it so it could fold up and down and when it was down it would be completely hidden too

·
Registered
51 Posts
well my dad was saying we could like try take the passenger airbag out and put it in that slot and buy i cant remember what it was called but it would make it so it could fold up and down and when it was down it would be completely hidden too
Completely hidden, for sure. Give're man.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Sounds like your dad has been watching too much Pimp my Ride.

Enough with me being a smartarse. But really, is it possible? Of course. Anything is possible. But simply put, if you have to go online to ask people how to do it, you're not even remotely skilled enough to pull this off. The vast majority of professional installers are still not skilled enough to execute what you're asking properly. You're eyes are too big and you've got gumdrop visions.

If you want an XBOX in the car, replace your head unit with a double-din screen. Use one of its video inputs to connect the XBOX. Then simply install the power inverter, connect the XBOX and stash everything under a seat or trunk. Effective. Clean. A billion times easier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts