Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup everybody-(first post)-i just bought my 01 ZX# 2day, and before that i had a cavalier-my question is, how do i hook up my 12" to the factory head unit-i really miss all the bass i used 2 have from the sub, and am itchin 2 get it all set up-thatnks!!

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
do you have an amp for it? if so what amp and what sub, how many rms watts is the amp? and what ohm sub is it and single voice coil or dual voice coil? how'd you have it in your last car? did you install it or have someone else do it?

- Scott

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right now, i have a sony 222watt amp powering a sony(one of those pentagon shaperd ones)12" sub-sub is 4ohm(i think)-not sure if its single or dual,-and the last car i had it in, i hooked the amp 2 a jvc head unit w/ pre-amp outputs(did it myself!)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey listen up Lanting 90 go to walmart and get a Y connector it has 1 male and two female ends and cut off the male end and plug your Rca's then strip the wires and you'll see a bare wire and two wires with coating on them, put the coated wires together and the bare wires together then heres the fun part the coated wires are positive and the bare is negative then go to the stock wiring harneses that goes into the stock radio and stick the wires into the speaker wires under positive and negative, then take a small screwdriver in them to secure and (put the wires in the rear speaker lines to sound go) hope this helps dog write back

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
You don't need any adaptors if your amp has high level inputs. You feed the amp by tapping in to the speaker wires as hotfocus said.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You could but running from your speaker wires as your input is louder then any aftermarket headunit out there, no joke. I tried it and was soooo loud

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The volume of the speaker outs on any head unit is directly related to the output power of the unit.
The gain control on the amp should take care of any level problems.
If you try to feed the amp's RCA (low level) inputs with speaker (high level) outputs directly, it will be too loud and extremely distorted also!

·
Registered
54 Posts
No it wont make it disorted it didnt on mine and mine never ever cut on and off or out it was simple and fun to do

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
itz all good-i went 2 radioshack, and got some connecton thing-spliced a couple wires behind the HU, and BAM!!-itz loud 2-even at low volumes, but itz all good in the hood!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts