Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 2.0 zts It has a shorty header high flow cat and stock exhaust after that. I also installed a cai on it. I got beat pretty decently today by a stock 04 zts with the 2.3. This is my wifes car on top of everything. I drive a 1998 Navy Blue Metallic Trans Am. So this car is the DD until spring when the srt4 caliber comes out and then shes outta this car. I was wondering if there was a cheap way to step the rev limiter back or if there was a focus tuner in the Manhattan Kansas Area or surrounding area that would be interested in doing it for low cost. This car is by no means a race car but I held the 2.3 until midway through third because it pulls all the way till right before the rev limter which i think is at about 6750 or so. Everytime I would rap it up I would pull slightly and as soon as I shifted it would pull back on me until in 3rd he went on by and that was all she wrote. This was from a dig as well and I put about a car on him from a dig because I can drive this car decently. My T/A goes 13.0 with a shitty 2.1 60 ft at about 110 so this car is just to screw with the local ricers. Anyways could somebody help me out?

·
Registered
705 Posts
orangezts said:
My T/A goes 13.0 with a shitty 2.1 60 ft at about 110 so this car is just to screw with the local ricers.
Also are you saying you run 13.0 @110 with a 2.1 60 ft at the track? What kind of track it this?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Uh..he's obvoiusly running a 1/4 mile,and those are good numbers.He's making good HP(110mph trap speed) but having a little trouble putting it down on the track (13.0ET and 2.1 short times,probably running drag radials) That's a pretty fast Trans AM.Orange,try a focussport Xcal2 tuner.It will wake up the mods you have and make the lower end of your power band come alive.You can also have them raise the rev limiter.[strongman]

P.S. Mopar...move over,people are racing!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya its a zetec. There isn't any way that is any cheaper to do this? I was thinking maybe a mail order tune or something.

·
Registered
170 Posts
No cheapo way on a tune,unless you can catch one on Ebay,but it's tough to find one the same as your own ecu code.

·
Registered
705 Posts
breakaway said:
Uh..he's obvoiusly running a 1/4 mile,and those are good numbers.He's making good HP(110mph trap speed) but having a little trouble putting it down on the track (13.0ET and 2.1 short times,probably running drag radials) That's a pretty fast Trans AM.Orange,try a focussport Xcal2 tuner.It will wake up the mods you have and make the lower end of your power band come alive.You can also have them raise the rev limiter.[strongman]

P.S. Mopar...move over,people are racing!
Oh, in the Trans Am. That makes more sense. I thought those were the Focus's numbers and was highly doubting them. I see, sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya in my trans am....its pretty shitty air here most of the summer I am NE Kansas and the DA on race days is usually in the 4K+ area. Anyways I nkow its got more in it and I will get better numbers in teh fall..Oh and ya the focus couldn't do that...I don't know of any focus that could.

·
Registered
268 Posts
If you may keep the Focus for another year I would put an aggressive cams, preferably Crower2s, Cat2s, Comp2s, or FordRcing3s and a custom tune. Since I heard a lot of good things about them. I'm gonna start tinkering inside the engine of my car soon and I may go Cat2s.

BTW, one of our moderators here named Tom Lesperance has an 11 sec. focus or may be now a 10 sec. focus (probably THE fastest focus not only of the east coast but the whole nation).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts