Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am desperatly trying to install my new system...but i cannot get the head unit out. I know that that special tool can get it out...but i dont have that. And i'm sure the people at the dealer wont take it out. Did you know there are no visible screws AT ALL to take the damn thing out?! So can you PLEEEEASE help me out!!! ASAP!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx

Thanx for the post...about 5 minutes after i posted we got it out. lol oh well but thanx for the reply!! Now we're having trouble with the amp...something about hooking a wire to turn the amp on and off....i'm just watching people do it. So i'm not too sure whats going on. They are stuck. So i guess maybe if i come here that someone might know what to do. We need power to the amp. We ran the line from the battery to the amp, but theres a connection missing to the stock head unit. SO yeah .....let ya know more laterz....

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
i think your talknig about the remote turn on wire, it sends a small current of 12v's that "tells" the amp to turn on and then draws current from the battery through the power wire. hook the rmeote turn on wire to the ignition wire or the yelllow/black wire so that your amp will only turn on when the radio is on. see http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2140 if you need to identify anymore wires. hope that helps. good luck.

- Scott

·
Registered
61 Posts
sometimes when u think the remote turn on isnt working, its actually the ground... make sure if you're grounding it out in the trunk, that u hhave it touching bare metal, if you're just screwing it into the floor, make sure you scratch the paint off the metal you're wire is touching, without the amp bein properly grounded , it wont turn on, i had a guy bug me for a week to fix his system , i got there, took a screw driver to his trunk paint, put the ground against the bare spot and it fired right up... just an idea..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx

Hey! Thanx for the help. We finally got it to work. turns out that some wires were touching each other or something like that. So now it works...but the weirdest things happened with this system. I almost just told them to give up. We finally had it all ran and hooked up...but then we turned them on and they started to pulse. it was the strangest thing i've ever seen subs do. We just had something connected wrong. They were getting constant current.

We went to best buy to get the wiring and the rca things...we had to get the rca connector there for like $20. We were looking at the wire and they wanted $10 for barely any wire at all. So we went to the trusty walmart and got a whole wiring kit for $12. So now thats done. All i have to do is get a new amp...cuz one of the channels isn't working right. and its only 100 watts. doesn't work to well. lol they dont sound to great cuz they're running on 2ohms and are supposed to be running on 4. Anybody got any advice on amps??

Thanx again![thumb]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey everybody! I just wanted to say that i already got an amp. A friend was nice enough to let me buy his for $100...and for a 760 watt amp its a steal. We went everywhere looking for a cheaper one, but the only cheaper ones were 4 channel amps..and from what i've heard they suck hard. The amp runs the 10s beautifully. Its only giving 200 watts to each sub and they really bump in my lil hatch. Thanx with all the help guys! Now i got my "boom". [thumb]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts