Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went boating and camping this weekend and had to put on a damn state park tag. it was one of the paper ones with the glue strip on the top. it was on for a couple days, i have a sheet of tint across the windsheild and dont want to scratch it up. thanks for all advice.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
you put the sticker on the tint? [slap] you may want to try to do it in the heat of the day, and maybe also take a blow dryer or even a heat gun if you have it to the outside of the glass. from here you want to slowly peel it back. and im sure anything else could be wiped away with a careful wipe down with WD-40. and glass cleaner afterwards.[thumb] hope this helps

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah the whole windsheild has tint on it so i didnt have much of a choice. thanks for the replies

·
Registered
398 Posts
I would be very leary to use anything but water. Seriously, I used to work at a dealership and we had to take some stickers off of tint that had been there for months.

Just wet it down very thoroughly and let it sit. Wet it again, and again, and again over baout 10 minutes. Then, use a terry cloth towel and gently start rubbing it off. should come right off...

the key is to be patient because replacing the tint on an entire windshield will be PRICEY!

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Bounce dryer sheet with hot water.

·
Registered
330 Posts
jaimz22 said:
stoners invisible glass.. your welcome

actually it's all you should really use for tint.
try again.

Tint safe window cleaner is made with 90% water, 5% alcohol, and 5% soap......

just mix your own.....

it's cheaper and works great!

dave.

·
Registered
164 Posts
So did you get the stuff off the window? And I too have never heard of having a tinted windshield... got any pics of the tint?

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
zetecgt said:
try again.

Tint safe window cleaner is made with 90% water, 5% alcohol, and 5% soap......

just mix your own.....

it's cheaper and works great!

dave.
i've had invisible glass get tree sap off car windows

also the adhesive residue can also be taken off with WD40 then that cleaned off with invisible glass

·
Registered
800 Posts
in tennessee where i live u can have ur back windows as dark as u want them. i had a friend once tint the back 3 windows on his zx3 then spraypaint the inside red but on the outside it just looked like really black tint smart but stupid all at the same time, also u can have the front -5 seven inches from the top of the glass (the front windshield)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts