Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I bought a 2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE last month as my first car. However, I would like it to look a little more sporty. I just learned of the "Street Appearance Package". How do I get one of these? How much would they cost?

My car:

SAP:

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
We are all familiar with the SAP package and its wanted by almost everyone on here lol. You can buy the package from ford but its going to cost you lots of money. If your lucky you can find someone selling the bumpers on here or craigslist.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
Yup, keep an eye on the BST Section, as the front bumper pops up in there every now and then. If not, the kit itself is currently only available through Ford and can run around $1200 for the 3 pieces. Good luck on Your search.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
its just the front bumper.

you can find a SVT rear bumper and it will be the same. you'd just need to find the diffuser. the front bumper is whats tricky to find without paying a butt load of dough.
and as for the wing, there are better looking ones out there.

good luck[thumb]

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
regardless, still very expensive to do...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, keep an eye on the BST Section, as the front bumper pops up in there every now and then. If not, the kit itself is currently only available through Ford and can run around $1200 for the 3 pieces. Good luck on Your search.
I'm looking on the Ford site and I can't find it. Can anyone post a link to the kit?

Also, if I were to buy this kit, would I have to go to a Ford service center so they install it?

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
just realize when you buy that most of the time these don't include grills, marker lights, driving lights, lower pan, etc...

182 bumper
201 upper grill
126 lower grill
521 valance
69 license mount
oh, then there is the crash pad also...and I know I;m forgetting things

then again there is the complete assembly for 1,119$

·
Registered
486 Posts
Does anyone know if the entire front SAP assembly is available for purchase direst from Ford? Sorry for reviving the dead. i would like to know then when/if i can order, i get everything i need.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Before you buy the SAP stuff, look at kaminari's website, they have a lot of great looking stuff for our ZX3s.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Does anyone know if the entire front SAP assembly is available for purchase direst from Ford? Sorry for reviving the dead. i would like to know then when/if i can order, i get everything i need.
Tousley Ford has them. Be prepared to spend around $800 just for the front bumper.

Or check cl. I lucked out and picked one up local for dirt cheap.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I almost wish my ZX3 was a 05 or later and would take the SAP. I love the way it looks but would not be willing to install the whole front end like hood lights and all to get one.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Tousley Ford has them. Be prepared to spend around $800 just for the front bumper.

Or check cl. I lucked out and picked one up local for dirt cheap.
SOOOO i dont get the grill inserts or anything? still kinda confused.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
The Street appearance package is $1200 from Ford directly. It consists of three pieces. Front bumper, rear bumper with diffuser, and wing.

If you want just the front bumperTousley Ford will buy the whole package and sell the bumper to you for $800ish. They will then part out the other two pieces.

The bumper is complete with everything you need.

·
Registered
486 Posts
If you want just the front bumperTousley Ford will buy the whole package and sell the bumper to you for $800ish. They will then part out the other two pieces.

The bumper is complete with everything you need.
Thanks. One last question. Do you know if it comes painted? or primed?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
iirc primed. Though even if it were painted it would look like crap when you put it on your car. Bumpers need to be matched to your paint, which can fade over time and has variations even from the factory.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
iirc primed. Though even if it were painted it would look like crap when you put it on your car. Bumpers need to be matched to your paint, and which can fade over time and has variations even from the factory.
Very true ^^^^^

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
I almost wish my ZX3 was a 05 or later and would take the SAP. I love the way it looks but would not be willing to install the whole front end like hood lights and all to get one.
I'd be adding the svt front bumper cover.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts