Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Is your car a certified pre-owned? Mine is still under the 100,000 mile power train warranty and the 12,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. I bought the car just 2 months ago CPO.
No, I purchased my car new in 2014 and did not pay for an additional warranty from Ford.

I did get the Mechanical Breakdown Insurance from Geico, however, but I'm regretting not paying a few dollars more and getting the rental option as well :p

If you don't mind, how much did you pay for your CPO?
I paid $9,200 CPO 2013 SE w/ 72,000 miles

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Pisses me off because when they did the inspection they missed a lot of things. I got home after purchasing it and noticed the windshield had a crack in it, passenger side mirror was cracked, plastic lip on the bottom of the front bumper was broken where it attaches to the plastic fender well, splash/rock shield was completely missing and the heat shield for the cat converter was hanging down towards the ground. They fixed all of this eventually for free but still had to make 2 appointments and take time out of my day. And now this shudder/ grinding noise problem.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Pisses me off because when they did the inspection they missed a lot of things. I got home after purchasing it and noticed the windshield had a crack in it, passenger side mirror was cracked, plastic lip on the bottom of the front bumper was broken where it attaches to the plastic fender well, splash/rock shield was completely missing and the heat shield for the cat converter was hanging down towards the ground. They fixed all of this eventually for free but still had to make 2 appointments and take time out of my day. And now this shudder/ grinding noise problem.
Had GM certified vehicles where similar issues were missed. Sounds good to "certify" a vehicle, but in reality it isn't any better than some of the non certified used cars out there. Probably sell faster when certified (and I know, not all cars qualify for certifying) or with a short term extended warranty. It is a shame to buy something "like new" and have all those problems though.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Did you look at it before purchase?

Test drive?

Even a new car needs a look over for nicks & dings before accepting it, or when it happened might be in question.

If a salesman shows a car like that and claims it's ready to go, you just head out and find another Dealer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The shuddering never happened during test drive. It started doing it like 2 weeks after ownership and I did check it all over as best as I could but it was about 105 degrees that day and I couldn't get down on the pavement to get a good look underneath it. I didn't notice the other stuff until I got home and had it in the garage and really looked at it good and crawled under it. They even went over the entire CPO checklist for the car while I did my paperwork and everything and missed all that stuff which makes me wonder if they even really did do an oil change.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Not tryin' to be an ass, it's a learning experience for you and others reading.

Can't buy a car in the rain at night either, they all look nice & shiny then and nothing can be checked.

Maybe the description is a little exaggerated? Can't miss a cracked windshield/mirror/shield dragging on the ground unless really a smaller issue. Just noticed a new curved crack in my windshield, but it took the mirror falling off to see it around the top of the mounting.

How cars are prepped for resale REALLY varies, my non-CPO had new tires/new brakes/new fuel filter/fresh oil change as the obvious maint. beyond being cleaned up to show well. Didn't find the one owner Mommy car evidence until lifting the rear seat later to find toys and drips where they forgot to clean.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Had to cancel my appointment due to an emergency but I have a new appointment set for Friday. This particular dealer told me they do not give out loaner vehicles while the diagnostic is being done even if the car is under warranty. They will only give you a loaner if the repair has to be made. So that leaves me without a car for a day or two while they diagnose it. The dealer I bought the car from gave me a loaner while they diagnosed it no problem.
Which dealer are you headed to, Calister622? Send me a PM with your name, phone number, and VIN; I'll check out additional avenues of assistance.

Rachel

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
So I got the cal from the new Ford dealer I took it to on Friday and sure enough they told me the clutch needed to be replaced. I knew the other Dealer was full of crap and being slack not wanting to do the warranty work. They also told me the rear main seal was leaking and it would cost me a $100 deductible because of the extended warranty I have. I just had the car at the previous Ford dealer 2-3 weeks before and they told me the shudder was fine and they inspected for leaks etc and also did a full inspection on the car. This clearly goes to show how crappy the service is at the Ford dealer I bought the car from. They missed all the cracked and broken items on the CPO I purchased and now missed a leaking rear main. They will be getting a very bad review from me nor will I ever take my car there again or recommend that specific dealer to anybody. Picking the car up tomorrow after work and will update.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Just picked the car up and I confirmed on the paperwork they did install the newest clutch pack Part # F1FZ7B546-B along with new transmission seal. They also reprogrammed the TCM and performed an adaptive relearn. Rear main seal was also replaced during this time. Initial thoughts on this were very smooth shifting. Felt like a normal automatic transmission and no shuddering at all. Hope it holds up but it will take some time to see how it really performs. Thanks to Rachael the Ford Service Rep on here for the help and support. If she didn't help I'm not sure if I would even have a new clutch right now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If I have the same shudder issue and have reprogrammed it many times and even tried Tom's tune, would replacing the transmission with a used one fix the issue? I have a DPS6 tranmission.. how would I go about getting a transmission that does not have this shudder issue? Is there a serial number I can cross check while searching for used trannys?

·
Registered
497 Posts
If I have the same shudder issue and have reprogrammed it many times and even tried Tom's tune, would replacing the transmission with a used one fix the issue? I have a DPS6 tranmission.. how would I go about getting a transmission that does not have this shudder issue? Is there a serial number I can cross check while searching for used trannys?
Nope, nothing to cross-check. Just take it to different ford dealers and it'll fail eventually if its bad enough to you. If "ANY" person think there focus/fiesta drives bad then i believe them 100%. No reason for these cars to drive like they did when i had those terrible clutches in my car.

In case you need to let Ford do there job and replace it for free. You dont have to swap anything yourself unless your miles are outside of the warranty.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts