Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happened to me shouldn't have happened to a dog.

When I tried to play a CD that I am pretty sure was in the player, the display said "no CD". So I tried to put another CD in the slot, but it felt sort of like there was one already in there, because the player didn't suck the disk in- I had to push it a little. But the display did still say "no CD", so I shrugged and pushed it on in there. It did suck it in the last little bit, but the player still says "no CD" . Now, of course It won't come out. If I press CD button, the display reads "no CD". If I press the CDC button, the thing reads "no Changer". If I press the eject button, the thing clicks softly a few times but nothing else happens.

This is the mid level (I think) AM, FM, multi-disk CD, MP3 player.

I'd like to retrieve these disks. Ideas anyone??

BTW, I didn't know until now this thing even had a multi-CD capability. I'll bet that by the time this thing is all said and done, I'll find my long-lost "best of the Bee Gee's" CD in there!

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Pull the deck out and I think you will have to open it up....or find some really thin needle nose pliers of some sort and try to pull it out first.

·
Registered
329 Posts
This happens a lot with the audiophile9006 im pretty sure there is a how to on here how to get them out of there. Have a look at it and maybe it can help you i dunno what brand cd player you have.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Use a credit card with a piece of tape on the end of it, try and snag the cd with the tape, and it should come right out.

Reactions: Blurvfocus

·
Bunneh Fanatic
2,187 Posts
The factory installed 6-CD changer blows. I bought my last used '02 Focus with one and it was broken the moment I drove it off the lot. I got tired of listening to the radio all the time so I went on eBay and got myself a stock single CD player for about 40 bucks. Pretty much looked and played brand new too. It may not have all the bells and whistles, but that thing would never die or eat CDs on me. Same with the second '02 Focus I owned before.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
^ You don't even need to put tape on the end, that'll just jam it up even worse.

As you hit the eject button, slide a laminated card (blockbuster video card, library card) into the slot and apply some upward pressure as you move the card in and out. What you're trying to do is fish the disk out. It will take several attempts but it always works for me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
^ You don't even need to put tape on the end, that'll just jam it up even worse.

As you hit the eject button, slide a laminated card (blockbuster video card, library card) into the slot and apply some upward pressure as you move the card in and out. What you're trying to do is fish the disk out. It will take several attempts but it always works for me.
Only a little bit, maybe a centimeter or so, I tried using just a card and it didn't have enough grab, it kept sliding. :(

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
i say just punch the crap out of it...if that doesnt work then kick it..multiple times...and i that doesnt work try ocs12 idea...finally if that doesnt work do all the steps in one continuous motion[thumb]

·
Registered
689 Posts
mine i have to press 2 buttons at same time try that ...

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Case Solved!

Some two-faced tape on the back of an old dvr license, (per DREX2006) plus a small screwdriver to press the two together, and out they came. Nothing damaged and the unit even seems to work normally now. Also I found out that this unit doesn't have multi-cd capabilities after all; only the button to operate an optional changer that would live under the seat.

So thanks to everybody for your suggestions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Peregrine: I just had this "no eject" problem with my '07 Focus. When you are able to fish the CD out, does the player act "normally" after that? It sounds like yours must still play and eject for awhile, but then you get the problem again, and then fish out the CD, repeat cycle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts