Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
A custom tune would take care of that for you.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
why? and yes a tune

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
Um...yeah, there's really no reason to disable it.

·
Registered
645 Posts
uh oh.....

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Tune is the only way... and unless your on a track or autobahn or also have major performance mods, its going to take you minutes to get higher... stock focus tops out at 120-125 dosent it?

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
^if that...

And Ive had my SVT for 2.5 years and never been above 110 (top of 4th) because there isnt any point and its a waste of gasoline.

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
The only reason the car is governed that low is because the speed rating of the original equipment tires is right around there. So if you do disable it (a tune is around 400 bucks) you would need all new tires. If you have 15" rims, the odds of finding a V rated tire in the stock 1956015's are not very likely. So new rims, tires, and a tune later, you will be able to go higher than 110. I won't tell you not to go that fast, because that is your choice, not a stranger on a forum's. I can tell you that talking about speeding on this forum is not allowed, so we have to tell you to do it on a closed course.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
The only reason the car is governed that low is because the speed rating of the original equipment tires is right around there. So if you do disable it (a tune is around 400 bucks) you would need all new tires. If you have 15" rims, the odds of finding a V rated tire in the stock 1956015's are not very likely. So new rims, tires, and a tune later, you will be able to go higher than 110. I won't tell you not to go that fast, because that is your choice, not a stranger on a forum's. I can tell you that talking about speeding on this forum is not allowed, so we have to tell you to do it on a closed course.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile
Or at least somewhere that the speed limit is posted as "reasonable & prudent".

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
and we're done here.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.