Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my computer will not reconise my diablo can someone help please....ive been here for 3hours idk whats going on.

·
Registered
784 Posts
does your USB work?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dell windows vista, i downloaded the stuff from diablo for windows vista my usb wolnt pic up my predator wen i plug it in

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well let me tell you how much time i waisted to find out the cabel was bad....got home from work at like 7 for about 2hours tryd to figure out how to get the tune to my predator go eat dinner come home its now 1am ive been on the phone for 2hours playing with this stuped belkin cable that cost me 35$ to find out its defective and that they will give me a new one for free but it will take a month AHHHH!!! then on top of it i found the diablo pc interface kit on summitracing for freakn 30$ at this poit im pulln hair out of my head haha so i just sad f it bought the pc interface kit im not waitn a month to get 35$ cabel.....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Dude,

Go to an electronics store...preferably Tiger Direct cuz it's cheaper and get a USB 2.0 to RS232 serial adapter (15.99) and install the driver for it...Then it should be able to communicate with your predator...Don't ask me how I know...I went trhu hell too...

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
There is always WalMart ... you don't need anything but a 3-6 foot cable ... get a generic for like 5-10 bucks.

I hear your frustration ... I found the same issue with my tuner ... fortunate for me I had figured that with in 2 hours.

-RAY-

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its a funny thing i went to a SuperWalmart right near my work and i askd if they had any 9pin cables and they told me thy had one for a mouse or something like that so i told them to show it to me and sure enough it was for a mouse and it was their only 9pin cable in stock so i dont think that will work so i just went to staples and got that stuped fancy expensive junk i waisted money on and the guy told me not to get a strait 9pin to 9pin cable that was like 9$ that i knew i could hook up to my pc so i figured he knew what he was talkin about so i took his word for it like a retard [8] ill just have to return it

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do you mean id you have a 9pin plug do you need the usb. the awncer is no i need the usb because i dont have a 9pin plug on my labtop but my pops comp has a 9pin plug i could have used if that helps at all

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Yeah, the 9-pin plug is called a serial port. Now I need to hit up Radio Shack! [:)] Thanks.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i know mine is coming today i cant wait to get my toms tune on my car! now alls i need is my hfc and tb and thats where ill probibly stop with performance, for now haha

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol so i load toms tune to my programr and now it wolnt load on my damn car lol this is starting to get tiring

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i got my tune on my car finaly!!! [:)]

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Apparently the Summit Racing kit doesn't work with 64-bit Vista. [hatchet] [bash] [?|]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts