Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted stuff about clutches on here before, but I'm still a bit confused.. Mine is getting worse and worse, and within a few months I plan on dropping in a new one.

How do I know what clutch to get? There are so many options, what stage is right and what material (organic, kevlar, etc..)? My car is just a daily driver, 50/50 highway and stop-and-go driving. I have just over 100,000 miles and it's still the original clutch! I want something that is better than OEM, but only if it's daily-driver-friendly.

Also, someone said that you generally have to replace the flywheel when you replace the clutch in this particular model (ZX3 with 2.3L Duratec/5 Sp MTX-75 transmission). Is that true? How do I know what is a good flywheel? I want something good, but I want the whole job to be under $800, parts and labor.

·
Busy Monkey
4,461 Posts
If you know anything about working on cars and you have the time and space to do it, I'd recommend buying a repair manual and doing the job yourself, then you can either save on the install cost or spend that extra $500 on moar goodies for your car.
I did did it myself for the first time last summer and it wasn't all that hard, just time consuming

1 - 4 of 4 Posts