Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
So I have to replace my master cylinder, not a big deal, but need some advice on bench bleeding this particular model . The Master cylinder has a small reservoir on it with a tube connection to the main reservoir that is mounted above. I cant bleed it like I've done other ones, Do I need to remove the main reservoir and tube, connect to new one and have someone hold it while I bench bleed? There has got to be a better way.

Main Reservoir Master Cylinder

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
You can cobble up the two smaller tubes into a bigger one that then goes back into the top entry line into lower reservoir, that would release you from having to fill it as it would automatically refill as the two lower hoses pump fluid back up to the top.

Cylinder is normally lightly clamped into a vise to hold it while pumping it up.

Beginning to understand how they create new issues to make you take car back to dealers? It never stops.

The cylinder makers used to provide the bleeding hoses until they figured out that leaving them out of the boxes gave the company CEO a bigger bonus.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, that gives me 2 options, I thought your not supposed to bleed the master installed due to the angle. Still not sure why Ford chose to go this route with the reservoir, I have to agree its to make me go to the dealer and pay 140.00 each hour of labor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts