Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about putting on an aftermarket muffler or cat back system on my 02 SVTF. I wanted to know if the dealers give you all a hard time for warranty work? Especially if you are having work done related to performance. My car needs the EPROM update and it also seems sluggish on top. I just don't want them claiming they can't do anything since I've modified the exhaust.

Thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
76 Posts
From what the service writer told me last week, if you bring it in for warranty work, they will take your mods into considerstion. If they don't seem to be the root cause, you OK. If they can determine that yor mods were the root cause, you screwed. I'm sure all dealers are a little different, but that what he told me.

He even went as far as to say that if you're concerened, remove the part before bringing it in.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
the reflash is a tsb and should be done to the car reguardles. They could claim it isn't there fault it isn't running right after they do the update

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I was told that exhaust systems are okay, you should not receive any problems for just a cat-back exhaust system. My service writer told us ours was okay and that Ford would not have a problem with it.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
What about intakes they give u crap about that?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey man the dealerships dont really care what kind of exhausts or cai's you put on. But remember if the performance is the root of the problem then thats when you run into problems. And plus if something does happen because of a mod then the warranty doesnt cover it.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
is that with all mods or only certain ones??

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
It depends upon your dealers service dept, some or more willing to let things pass than others. All my mods pose no problems on my SVTF for warranty repairs, but if one of my mods happen to be a cause for something to go wrong, then its out of my pocket.

·
Registered
990 Posts
this is a dealer

usually no problem. we have a zx3 in right now with a blown motor that has intake and exhaust. ford is covering the motor under his esp.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Sweet thanks for all the info

·
Registered
400 Posts
To be on safe side....

Take car first to dealer before modding anithing.Have the re-flash done and also ask about any recalls for your vehicle.

Then mode it!!. BUt remember what everybody here in the group told u...

If the mod is the root, u could be screwed!!! :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts