1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
159 Posts
Its really not too hard. All you have to do is get the right wiring harness which can be found almost anywhere like walmart or radio shack. Then soder the harness to the one that comes with the stereo. You will need a special bracket to make it fit in the car cause the stock stereo was so huge. I suggest this one off sounddomain.com http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/SCOFM1375B

It looks really smooth with the dash and just snaps in. Overall putting in a new HU is pretty fool proof.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Eventually I'm sure someone will give you a detailed explanation, but I can say from experiences changing stereos in every other car I've owned, it's usually not bad at all. I actually haven't done it yet on my Focus, for now I'm happy with the Audiophile system. Crutchfield makes it nice by including all the doo-dads you need. You may already have the wiring harness you need to easily tap into the Ford harness. I'm no audio/video wiz or even very good with electrical stuff, but I have successfully installed stereos before without too much trouble and a minimum of cursing. [rolleyes]

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
it's simple, get the new mounting adapter so you can fit a single din in the double din dash plate. Then get the wiring harness for your make/model for your radio. Snack in your harness that came with the radio. Snap in the aftermarket harness for your make/model into your car's harness. Now simple attach the color coded wires with some electrical tape (car's harness attaches to the new stereo's harness). That's it... To remove your stock radio, you need the ford stereo removal tools, they are in the shape of U's. You push them into the radio, pull the U's to the outter sides of the radio to release the inner clips, then pull your stereo out, easy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Guys, It comes with all the harness and dash kit. I just bought that exact same deck at FRy's, It is very easy, buy some tap in connectors and all you have to do is snap on the right wire from the harness to the radio. Should take about 45 min.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Installing something from crutchfield is EZ. Plus, you have the 800 number for support as long as you own the stereo. You can't go wrong with them if you are a do-it-yourself type.

As for the radio, I have installed that exact radio in my wife's Honda Odessey. EZ. Sounds good too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, I'm driving a 2003 Ford Focus that came with a factory installed Blaupunkt Stereo.
This one is the single-disc MP3 player.
I'm trying to find a wiring harness for it, and so far, I have been able to stump 3 retailers, and even Scosche themselves! It seems that I Have a VERY VERY strange setup.

I've attached some pictures of the stock wiring harness. If someone has anything similar, OR different, please let me know!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, I'm driving a 2003 Ford Focus that came with a factory installed Blaupunkt Stereo.
This one is the single-disc MP3 player.
I'm trying to find a wiring harness for it, and so far, I have been able to stump 3 retailers, and even Scosche themselves! It seems that I Have a VERY VERY strange setup.

I've attached some pictures of the stock wiring harness. If someone has anything similar, OR different, please let me know!!
those are blaupunkt wiring harnesses, if you have a blau radio to put in they should work actually

1 - 11 of 11 Posts