Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roaming around the JY today and I came across this 2007 SE sedan (03/07 build) not very many options. What I thought was a traction control button on the console turned out to be the one for ambient lighting. Sure as heck it had the lights in the cup holders, front and rear foot wells all built into the console.

The cup holders even have cutouts for the lights.

Pretty neat I thought.

and yes I'm keeping it.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
That's pretty neat. I've never seen or heart of anything like that from Ford, so my guess is it's either a very well done aftermarket job or a Ford accessory that may have been available.

What color is the lighting?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The part number on the modual is the same as what the MK2 and up got. So pressing the button it cycles through blue, red...etc

My guess it was a late last min Ford accessory option.

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
First time I have seen that. Very cool indeed.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,214 Posts
There would be a console for sale if I found it....

Since the car had low options I'll bet it was something the dealer put in to make the car sell, plus the new 08's were coming.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There would be a console for sale if I found it....

Since the car had low options I'll bet it was something the dealer put in to make the car sell, plus the new 08's were coming.
that is why I checked the build date, I figured it was close to the end of the mk1 and someone decided to add this.

·
Registered
739 Posts
My Mk2 SES has this in the cupholders however I've never seen it on an Mk1 before.

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
I think this was on the SES models. I've seen 2 with it so far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts